Discouraged after our conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discouraged after our conversations

Well I've been in my LDR for 4 months now, that's 4 out of an ideal 24 months for our LDR. 16% of the way there! I've been visiting him pretty regularly; on average I'll spend 2 weekends a month with him. So I shouldn't feel sad, right? Wrong. This past weekend we were talking on the phone and he said that he was concerned that I'm not adjusting well to the new city (we were in a CDR but I had to move for work) and wondering if that's the reason why I come to visit him twice a month. He's worried that I don't have any friends, hobbies, etc. WTF? I do have quite a few friends but I just choose to not talk about them very much. But what hurts me is that it seems like he doesn't want me to visit him. Why else would he say that? I'm shocked that he said that because during our last visit, he talked about how great it was.
    There's also a huge elephant in the room so-to-speak in many of our conversations. Basically in the summer of 2013, he's going to be moving. My plan is to hopefully move to wherever he's moving to. I told him that plan but that was before we were actually LD. In a lot of our conversations recently he's been talking about moving and finding a job in 2013 but he never mentions anything about what will happen to our relationship. I don't know if I should bring it up. I mean, this won't be happening for a while and who knows how things will be then. We may not even still be together. I don't know if it's worth getting stressed over, but I just feel like I'm being glanced over and ignored with any future plans.

I really don't know what to do or think with all this. All I know is that I'm feeling really discouraged right now and could use some support/advice. Thanks

I think the reason he might have mentioned that you don't like the new city is because he's concerned for you. I was in an LDR my freshman year in college and went home every weekend I could to see my then boyfriend. I totally regret it. Maybe he's trying to look out for your own good? He wants you to be happy in your new city and have friends and be excited to go out, etc. I think it's nice for him to say that.

I also think 2013 is a long ways from now. If you really want to bring it up, go ahead, but don't distress over it.

Comment

Why don't you suggest for him to come down for a weeked and see the city and maybe meet your friends?

As lucybelle has stated (I seem to be agreeing with you alot atm ) 2013 is a wee way away. Why don't you bring it up more closer to the time?

Comment

Working...
      X