Feeling low.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling low.

This weekend, all my flatmates' other halves seem to be visiting. We live at an on-campus residence, and I share my room with another girl. Her boyfriend is over, and I ended up sleeping on the floor in one of my guy mate's rooms because they started having sex. They were both quite drunk (we'd all been out together), but my roommate agreed that as the other girl we normally stay with also has HER boyfriend over this weekend, they wouldn't have sex while I was in the room. My guy mate also has gone home for the day (will be back late tonight), so I can't hang out with him.

And they seem to be having a bit of an other-half club, and I just feel like an odd wheel.

And I'm missing my SO because my phone is buggered, and it's our main means of communication.

I'm not sure what to do, because there isn't really anywhere I can go to get away and just...be by myself and not be surrounded by couples, because it's making me feel crappy. It's not that I don't like them... it's just... I feel a bit left out. I know they're not doing it on purpose... but you know how it is. They're all having couple-y bonding.

Anyway, so I've had a bit of a crap day.

Aww I know it's hard when you see couples together loving eachother and you think, "DAMN MY BOO COULD BE HERE RIGHT NOW!" lol- Even though it's hard to miss them just remember that even when your feeling down and sad it always gets better. Sometimes it's nice to have some time to yourself because once they are back everything lights up again. Being strong on your own is nice too because you grow on your own. I hope you feel better. Listen to some music, draw a picture, write out your feelings in a journal or just go out and do something-take a long walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric1221 View Post
      Aww I know it's hard when you see couples together loving eachother and you think, "DAMN MY BOO COULD BE HERE RIGHT NOW!" lol- Even though it's hard to miss them just remember that even when your feeling down and sad it always gets better. Sometimes it's nice to have some time to yourself because once they are back everything lights up again. Being strong on your own is nice too because you grow on your own. I hope you feel better. Listen to some music, draw a picture, write out your feelings in a journal or just go out and do something-take a long walk.
      I agree
      Be surcharged with peace and joy, And scatter them wherever you are And wherever you go. Be a blazing fire of truth, Be a beauteous blossom of love And be a soothing balm of peace...sigpic

Comment

Totally understandable. Since you live on campus can you go get some work dont in the library to get away from everyone. Or put in a movie with some headphones that way you dont have to hear everyone else talking and such. Im sorry hun, definitely no fun at all.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Screw them. You got us to rant with :P WeŽll start are own lonely club right here! xD *hugs*

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
          \

Comment

That's tough Yeah, as the others said: distraction. Movies, hobbies, homework, music. Maybe even write your SO a letter telling him how much you miss him and send it. It might make you feel like you've had solid contact with him

Comment

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I'm feeling a bit better today, I managed to talk to my SO late last night too, so yeah.
              But seriously, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to making me feel a bit better. Love! x

Comment

yourwelcome !

Comment

Oh I am so sorry to hear this! Yikes honestly that's just rude alcohol indused or not...I mean I would FLIP if I found out one of my rommates/friends were having sex while I was in the room and awake! Hang in there, you'll be okay maybe go out and treat yourself to a shopping day, or a manicure/pedicure...Anything that'll make you happy and take your mind off this bs.
                  .We've Closed the Distance.
                  no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                  i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                  no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                  all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Working...
                  X