Help with stress on both sides plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with stress on both sides plz

Okay so I told my boyfriend about my mom. He let me vent to him a little bit which is all I needed.

After I finished he informed me that he had been stressed lately. I asked how I could help.
    He isnt sure.

His step dad yells at his siblings, which he can't handle yelling well. He has depression and being cooped up all day doesn't help. He can't go anywhere because everything is like 5 miles away and he only has a bike and the weather lately has been crap.

He's tried talking to his mom and step dad several times and Pete just told him

" I'm the only one allowed to be stressed. "

I'm afraid the stress is making him feel suicidal

I've told him to tell his mom and he says he has told her several times but they just respond with the above statement.

So whats a good outlet for someone who is cooped up with no transportation to deal with stress and yelling?

He has an MP3 player which he uses to drown out the yelling.
    He says its the only thing keeping him out of the hospital.

He already journals, but that doesn't help much.

Note : He already knows about my mom and he listened to what I had to say, he just wasnt sure what to say about it other than what I already know, I told him if he were here I would just have him hug me but that it was nice of him to listen. No one can really say anything to make this okay. Its part of life, I'll just spend what time with her I have left.
    " There is always hope.
    "

Well maybe running/jogging or some other form of exercise. There is also yoga and meditation...
    Tho I'm not sure where he would stand on that! He could find a hobby or get a punching bag :P
    Maybe watching a comedy might help relive his stress.

Comment

I just found out he may have to drop out of his online diploma thing. Because they are moving out into the country and the internet there would be $100 a month and its limited.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

Alright, a few things.

I totally understand where you are coming from with the mom stuff, my mom died when I was 12. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Keep your head up and stay as positive as you can.
        Another thing, is that exercise, counting (I know that sounds weird but it can help you clear your head), drawing, and hot baths can help. I know a lot of guys say that bubble baths are for girls but that isn't true, I promise. I recommend just continuing to let him vent for now, if you have someone else you can vent to, I would do it because he sounds like he doesn't have that option right now. Message me if you need something or need to vent

Comment

Working...
        X