Should I leave this relationship ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I leave this relationship ?

I recently posted a thread about how excited I was about my 2 months with my long distance boyfriend and for some reason I'm feeling a bit unappreciated. I sent him a long paragraph bout how I cared about him and stuff and a cute youtube video with a song and I told him to read it on his facebook messages and he was like "is it lovey dovey?" and I was like "well a little bit but it's just open and honest." and he was like "Oh gosh lol I don't want no lovey dovey shit lol." and i was kinda taken back because in the past he told me that he likes when I tell him how I feel because that's who i am. So I was like "I thought u said u liked wen I told u how i felt?" and he was like "O lolz That came out wrong." So i said wat did u mean by it than ? He didn't answer that but i sent him another thing saying "i'm just showing u i care since we don't see eachother and stuff." And all he said was "aw" and nothing else. I really don't know if I should continue this relationship anymore..I love this kid and he's said to me in the past how much he loves me and wants to be with me but lately I'm not feeling that same love anymore. It feels like I'm putting more and more into the relationship trying to get something out of him and it never seems to unravel the way I planned for. I think I might not talk to him for the rest of the day.. I don't understand what happened.. He used to always be so much more caring and just very recently he started to act this way. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens but if things continue this way I think I might have to break this relationship because at the moment it's just causing me unnecessary stress and I can't focus about important things in my life because I'm worried about him. What do you think I should do ?

um... I hate to say this but... it's great to be excited about being together a number of months (I sure was, jumping up and down and sending my guy texts every month on our anniversary), but most people don't really get that excited about it. Maybe at the six month or year mark they will, but... it's not going to be too big of a deal to some people. For instance, whenever I'd tell my boyfriend, "It's our one month anniversary!" (back when it was) or so forth, he'd say, "It is? ...Okay?" Don't fault him for not getting really excited about this sort of stuff... If he were like that about a year of being together that might say something, but it seems a bit of a bad reason to leave a relationship.

Comment

I've been following your threads a bit...
      If I'm honest, I think you're getting a bit worked up over this relationship. I don't think your SO doesn't care. I think that this is just still a new relationship, and you're figuring out what you need from one another. However, because you HAVE reached two months, things are likely to start settling into a routine. The start of a relationship tends to be full of passion and romance and fireworks, and this is just the cooling off period. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you, or doesn't want to be with you. It's not something to be upset about, it's something to celebrate! You're successfully outlasting the turbulent period of crazy emotion and developing into a more stable and strong relationship! Woo!
      I think you should chill a bit about this. It's normal to want to celebrate every mini-success in your relationship (congrats on your two months), but when you've been together a bit longer, you're likely to take a more relaxed attitude in regards to monthly-versaries.
      Maybe that's the attitude that your SO is taking. I don't think he's MEANING to seem distant.
      If you want, you have a long long time to have days where he's romantic and everything is wonderful. You don't have to rush all the romance right now every day.
      So don't worry so much. You can always talk to your SO about how you're feeling. It's important to keep the communication lines open, and be honest about what's going on. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. *hugs*

Comment

Has he always been like this though? Does he usually react like this when you share your feelings with him? Because honestly, some people really don't get all "love-dovey" all the time, or even very often. I know me and my SO are on relatively opposite sides of the "lovey-dovey" spectrum lol, I'm pretty much open about my feelings and love doing and saying cute little things for him, and a lot of times he reacts without saying too much back, but on occasion he'll say or do things that are so cute and just make my heart swell, but that's just how he is. If this is something new, well, your relationship is fairly new, and I'm not sure how long you two have known each other prior to dating, but it could be possible you two have already reached the end of that honeymoon stage most people seem to experience when they first get together, and he doesn't feel the need to say more than "aw". I would talk to him about how you're feeling though.
        You never forget your first love...

Comment

You guys are right..I really need to just calm down. I think it's because I just like when people say cute things because It makes me feel appreciated and since I do it so much to him I feel like he should return it back but I think it's just how he is. Everybody loves differently..I kind of had a epiphany. Thank you guys so much for everything ! Without this website I really would drive myself insane. I think I need to just get out and enjoy my life and stop worrying about him so much. I'll keep the texting to a minimum and just enjoy my own life. Thank you all so much for the support !! I really appreciate it ! I just need to relax..thank you !!

Comment

You're welcome I know this website has helped me a lot too with learning not to get so worked up about things, lol, and much else. It sounds like you've got the rgiht idea now though
            You never forget your first love...

Comment

Yea, you are still new to the relationship so you are still just feeling eachother out. Maybe you feel a bit more into it than he does but just try and keep talking to him about how you feel and where you are in the relationship. Encourage him to do the same. And beside that he is a guy and it usually is not there first choice when they get something lovy dovy. Just take it slow and keep talking to him. He needs to be open with you and you him but trying not to make him feel rushed is always a good thing.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

My SO and I go through periods like this - sometimes we're loveydovey and other times we're more distant. I'd wait longer to see if he's really disinterested or just going through kind of a withdrawl period.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Everyone have different way to express their feeling and to show how we care to each other. If he didn't do the same way you do, it doesn't mean that he doesn't love you. 2 months of relationship is like honeymoon time, and after that your relationship will go to another step - it will go to settled in a patterns. I didn't have any clue about my relationship and the way he loves me until 7 months of our relationship. He is not a romantic guy that will talk the sweet and nice things to me, but he always honest and care about me - that's the way he loves me. ^.^
                  Keep learning about your SO personalities, and you'll find out the way he loves you - maybe it can be different than your way. Do the intense communication so make less misunderstanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X