Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I do it

Comment

We have pretty similar mannerisms to start with, but they tend to be "stronger" when we're together. We've picked up saying some things similarly and he has picked up some of my Italian cursing.

Comment

oh yeah, I am always talking like a redneck...LOL like y'all and I'm fixin...also say things in his southern accent. Fun!

Comment

LOL, no, cause he's Finnish We speak English together, but I do find him picking up on my weird little things, which is totally adorable when he screws 'em up!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Lol, it happens to me all the time, I'm a total copycat!

Comment

He's French, and I love prounouncing English words the way he does. But he gets his own back with his wicked Glasgwegian patter. And he melts my heart by slipping Scottish vowels into words...I swear hearing him say "full moon" buckles my knees.

Comment

yep. our only communication method is IM (literally 24 hours on). the more I talk to him the more I realize that I've been using words of his, and he's been using my words (the slang one of course). one of my best friend once said the way I text/IM her shows significant changes.

Comment

It does happen sometimes that I'm using words that my SO is using; New Zealand specific. Especially the "aye?" is just so easy to use! I love it.

Comment

It happens to me all the time. But it is pretty weird in our case, because he speaks swedish and me german, but when we are together we talk to eachother in english. Sometimes we have to find explanations for some words we both don't know and i always call something i don't know a 'thingie'. Somehow he copied this habit after some time and now our conversations look pretty funny, if we would record them XD

We both also curse sometimes in the other language,especially me so people are looking weird at me. We always try to copy eachother with the right pronunciation.
                    And it is adorable, to hear the words in his accent, because they don't sound mean anymore :3

Comment

I've picked up a few of his mannerisms and terms and he's certainly been bad about 'corrupting' me so that we talk dirty or through double entendres a lot. Funny thing is, I'm partially Cajun and I've been able to hide my accent most times but I find with him it comes out a lot more. We got into a play fight last time we were on webcam because he said I pronounce 'room' like 'rum' and he kept making me repeat myself every time I said the word. XD I've also become more comfortable with affection through asterisks because he's VERY affectionate and before I wasn't comfortable with it and didn't know how to respond.

Comment

one word in particular - y'all - he's from Texas - my family look at me oddly when I say it

Comment

Originally posted by Čternity View Post
                          one word in particular - y'all - he's from Texas - my family look at me oddly when I say it
                          Be glad he isn't from Louisiana or you'd be saying y'all and dahlin' (or dawlin' depending on the area)

Comment

I don't know if I've picked up anything from him but i know he has from me. I used to say 'there we go' alot and one day he mentioned that he'd kept on saying it and couldn't help it. Even if he was talking in dutch he'd suddenly go 'there we go' in english at school and so on. He's got words like numpty and so on from me too.

Comment

My guy copies me all the time when it comes to speaking and writing so he's picked up a lot of things from me. Whereas I don't pick up anything he says or writes in English, but when it comes to Spanish I notice I do.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X