An LDR with a Visa Journey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An LDR with a Visa Journey?

It's been a while since the question was asked, so I thought I would.

Who has a K1 process to go through to close the distance? My SO is in NY and I am in Tasmania, Australia. We got engaged Jan 2011 and hope to get married 14th April 2012. Sometimes the waiting is hard...sometimes it is easier. We are very much in love and attached, and both feel that we are worth it all. Any others got a story or a word of encouragement?

I'm in the middle of the K1 process- he's in Ohio, I'm in England. When did you file? Our NOA1 date is July 18th 2011, still waiting for NOA2. I was really hoping we'd hear something this month... but looks like I'm going to be stuck here longer then I thought =/ It is frustrating, when you're relationship is basically in the US government's hands, but it's definitely worth it! I cannot wait for the day I get to that arrivals lounge alone for the last time!!!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

my SO and i are planning on starting the CR1 process at the end of next year. Im in England and he's in california. all i can say is.....its bloody difficult

Comment

I'm not sure whether to do the K1 personally or get married here when he comes next year and get the CR1/K3. I think last I checked was that the K1 was going faster than the other, but it's also twice as much. I was weighing it up, thinking mum might actually do what she promised and pay for it if it was here, but I don't want his family to miss out on that. I won't be able to apply for either until whenever he gets his tax back next year anyway, since that's when he'll be coming over for the first time. Stupid rule to have to have met first. But I guess that's just that. I got no real idea as to what to look forward to personally and I don't even know what those NOA1 and 2 things are lol. But you're right, so worth it when you know the person is the one.

Comment

I did the whole K1 app for my fiance but now we're thinking of staying in his country longer so we're putting it on hold. We both got good jobs here so we don't want to leave right now. We'll see what the future brings but we'll either be doing the K1 or the CR1/K3.

Comment

Working...
          X