Financial help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial help?

Okay so currently I have a little stashed in the bank. Its not enough to move to PA.

During job corps I'll make $40 a month ( thats with taxes taken out we originally get $50 )

I'm thinking about getting a phone, I currently use a safelink government phone thats free to me,
    However I cant exactly call my parents with it, which worries me. My mom has cancer and they are starting hospice if something happends I NEED for them to be able to contact me.

I recently found that straight talk has a cheap $30 for 1000 min and 1000 text.

Virgin mobile has the same plan at $30 which offers 1500 minutes and 1500 text And while you get more I'm not sure If the reception is good.

For Christmas I'm going to get my SO a phone so we can talk after I leave I'm only going to buy him the phone and one month of minutes. After that he can pay for it if he wishes to.

NOW My original plan was for my parents to get me an ipod touch for the holidays and I could use a calling app however I've noticed when trying to call my friend ( who uses that app ) it messes up wont let me call.

So I'm starting to think getting a phone would be better.

NOW if I dont get the phone and save the money I earn I will have an extra $480 in the bank. Giving me a total of about 4,000 something.... by the end of the year this is included with the money my parents give me.

My goal is to end the distance by the end of my schooling 9-12 months from now.
    However I'm scared if I buy myself a real phone I may not be able to get to PA to be with my SO....

However given the crappy quality of the free phone I have ( which I only get 250 minutes a month ) but I have trouble making calls and getting reception, and given that my mom will be starting hospice ( end of life stage care ) I feel it may be best to have something more reliable.

At the same time the thought of getting a phone makes me feel guilty...
    " There is always hope.
    "

Check out gophones(at&t).
    I had one about a yr and a half ago and when I had it you only pay for the days you use the phone.
    So if you only text or call three days out of the month then that is all you pay for. It is only TWO dollars a day and phones run around 20-30 dollars for your basic flip phone.
    There are other plans as well..
    Such as a 50 dollar a month unlimited plan
    a 25 dollar plan per month with about 250 mins and unlimited texts
    Or a 10c per minute plan.
    Here is the website if you'd like to read about it.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...questid=157511
    They are reliable. I never had a problem with a signal or using it and I live way out in the country.

Comment

I need something cheaper that we both could use daily.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

check t-mobile and i can send u t-mobile phone if u need one (it is a simple cheap one but still).
        Also if any of ur friends are using ATT and can include u in a family plan for a period of time u could have saved $ (if i was ur friend i would do it for u giving the fact that ur mom is in hospice)

Comment

Working...
        X