Our lives are so different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat4301 View Post
    I wouldn't forget that you are in the perfect place for him to see what four - year college is all about. My bf started in community college and thought he would just do a two-year program. But he spent some time with me on campus, came to a few classes, saw dorms living, became very familiar with degree programs, and eventually ended up transferring to my four-year college. He is now getting more education than I am! So yeah don't discount his own values and what everyone else has said, but show him around and make sure he has all the information before he makes a final decision.
    My SO feels the same way. Before I went to a big 4-year school, he just wanted to go to community college and get his AA degree. Now he wants to get his AA and transfer to get his BA.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I understand where you're coming from. Ambitious is an important trait to me. But your SO has a full-time job and part-time school; I think that Is pretty ambitious, not everyone can/will do that. He might not have the same education plan or goal as you it doesn't meant he don't have a plan. I personally didn't started college until last year (I'm 25).

Give him some time and support in whatever he chose to do.

Comment

Working...
      X