Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IN A LDR-WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP THINGS GOOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IN A LDR-WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP THINGS GOOD?

What do you and your boyfriend or girlfriend do to keep things in harmony and to be happy with all aspects of your relationship?

NUMBER ONE: COMMUNICATE
    NUMBER TWO: COMMUNICATE
    NUMBER THREE: COMMU...

...I think you get the idea

Communication is THE key. Find out each other's boundaries, what makes each of you feel loved, how much contact you need. Talk openly and as often as each of you need to feel connected.

Comment

One of the worst/best things I guess, depending on how you look at it, is to be somewhat future focused. I try to take pride in getting through a day, a week, a month, and everything that I work for to make the LDR work and to finish it. We also play online games, mostly LOTRO instead of trying to sit on the phone for hours trying to come up with conversation topics.

Comment

I agree with the above post communication is definitely key! Also, spending time together even when you're apart really brings you closer, like having Skype dates where you watch a movie together.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

1. Communication. We have great communication, if something is botherine us, we let each other know and we are always honest with each other.
          2. Compromising. Face it, no one agrees on everything but compromising helps keep us from fighting so we are both satisfied.
          3.Keeps things fun and intersting. Plan fun movie nights or skype dates. I also like sending cards to Chris in the mail without telling him so he gets little surprises every now and then and always knows I love him.
          4. Being a shoulder to lean on. We are always there for each other no matter what. Even if I'm PMSing about having a bad hair day, Chris is always there to cheer me up and tell me I'm beautiful. Also being in an LDR can be emotional tough so we are always there to remind each other that its temporary and to stay strong.
          5.Not getting upset over the little things. Arguing over petty things isnt worth it. Be happy =)
          6. Telling each other everyday how much we love each other. Every single day I let Chris know in some way or another how much I love him and how greatful I am for him being in my life. I never want him to go a day doubting if I love him or not.

Comment

I agree communication is huge! Probably the biggest part in making a LDR work. I also think putting the others needs on the top of the priority list is a big one too. At least for our relationship and my own personal thoughts. I try to be there for him and think about what he wants and he does the same for me, with a LDR you can't see your SO, you can't know what they need, but being there when you can, or putting in that extra effort, it helps. And then its the little things. A simple message in the morning goes a long way! Writing a letter, making a video, or the simple but meaningful I love you's. Those help a ton to get you through the distance.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Communication, trust, honesty and understanding.
              Trying to put yourself into our partner's shoes and learn about partner's cultures and personalities.

Comment

Originally posted by msskunk View Post
                Communication, trust, honesty and understanding.
                those 4 things are very important in a LRD (especially) since you both dont see each other all the time. I always find a way to communicate with my SO even though we both have very busy schedules. You can always text, email, skype, and snail mail to get a message to them. Talk openly about feelings and emotions, know and understand each others pet-peeves.

Comment

Working...
                X