Tough Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough Day

It's his birthday, and I'm not with him. I sent him a package (apparently hasn't got there yet, although I sent it a month ago to give it the best shot of an accurate date) and I texted him last night (his morning) to say Happy Birthday. Normally we contact a couple of times a day, but y'know. It's his birthday, he's celebrating, so I've backed off so he can enjoy his day (not that he wouldn't want me as part of it, just so he can concentrate on the people he's with). It's his day, he knows I'm thinking about him, I'm cool with it.
    Still, it's hard to not be there with him. It'sdriving me a bit mad. Well, only 38 more days 'til he's here.

I know how you feel. I always feel so left out when I can't be with my SO on special days. Our 2 year anniversary is coming up soon. Of course we can talk over Skype, but it's not the same.

Comment

Well at least he knows that you are thinking of him. And though he is out for his birthday im sure he is wishing you were there with him just as much as you want to be there
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yeah, it's not so fun when you can't be with someone on a special day... But there's no reason you can't try to make it just a special from a distance. My boyfriend and I have really different schedules, but he found time to make something for me and give it to me (virtually) on my birthday. He also sent me a letter, but, like your package, it has still not arrived. I always have trouble with mail sent TO the US.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

humm happened to me last month, his B day, and our anniversary on the same month and he got the present pretty late

I think what matters is chat on skype on the important dates tell him you wishes for his bday.. and i think thats what matter most!

Comment

Yeah I feel for you , just remember how lucky you are to have someone to miss. I missed my SO's birthday last year and this I am doing everything in my power to be there this year cause its a sad feeling not to be there.

Comment

Working...
            X