Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Graduation and LDR's

Hey all!
    In a small predicament... I'm getting ready to graduate college this coming spring, and I think something is slowly evolving between myself and a girl I've liked for quite some time. She is a junior, though and will be here one more year. Has anyone been in these situations? Just would like to hear other stories. I'm from WA and we're going to school in MN - and for the last year I've been here, I've told myself I wouldn't get attached after my last LDR, but it's really taken a toll on me to limit myself. Any experiences?

Thanks!

This is how my LDR started. We went to the same college and then we graduated and went back home. We've been LDR for 1.5 years and together for two. It hasn't exactly been all sunshine and roses, but it's worth it.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

My SO and I met at the end of sophomore year and started dating the beginning of junior year. We graduated and I made a somewhat bad/somewhat good decision to go out-of-state and then we became LD. The money and scholarships I had here, I just couldn't turn down but it hurts being away from her.

Comment

Alot of LDRs start because of school. Whether you are in your situation and meet there and then one graduates or if you lived in the same place then go off to school (my situation kinda)

If you like this girl there there is no reason to not continue to be with her. One bad experience doesn't mean the rest will be bad and just remember alot of people are in your situation or have been in your situation.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

My story is not exactly the same as yours, but we were CD for college and now LDR. I think you just need a lot of flexibility, college can be a very cozy little world and then things change, but not everything. Plus you might potentially only be looking at a one year LDR and with her having those nice long college breaks you might get to see one another some.

Comment

I met my boyfriend in undergrad and I pursued grad school, but he found a job instead. Our parents live about 2 hours apart and my original plan was to live at home while in grad school, however I didn't get in anywhere close. I only got in to one school in NY. I really wanted to go, but I agonized over if it was the right thing to do for me and my boyfriend. In the end, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go since it's a great program. We talked it over and wondered if the distance would be too much with a busier post-grad life, but we knew if we gave up and dated people CD that we'd always be comparing them to each other. If you feel you would always be comparing other girls to her, I think you should go for it since you never know until you try. Each relationship is very different and if both partners are committed and want to make a LDR work, anything is possible- just look at everyone's success stories here.

Comment

I am off at college and he's back home. It's difficult but it's worth it. So I think yours would be worth it too!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
              X