He never wants to talk on the phone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He never wants to talk on the phone!

Before we were exclusive we talked on the phone a lot more but now that we are exclusive he never wants to talk. I don't know what to do or how to tell him how important it is to me without making him mad. He doesn't think it's important but I think it's vital in an LDR. Help!

I feel the same way. He rarely ever wants to talk on Skype...in fact, I asked him earlier if he wanted to tonight, and he said maybe, but while I was at the grocery store he apparently lost his connection because now he's Offline on AIM (and he never just logs off without saying something to me first). In his case, though, he works a very physical job and he's often just too tired to want to engage in voice chatting, which I understand.

The only thing I can suggest is what I have said to my own SO...that typing alone isn't enough. It's bad enough that you can't be together in-person, so to make up for it, you need that voice contact.

Tell him that you think he has a sexy voice, and that you love his laugh or the way he makes jokes or whatever is unique to him, and that without hearing those things, you begin to feel very sad, lonely, and frustrated.

I'll be curious to see other people's ideas on this.

Comment

If he is going to get mad because you think talking is important and want to talk to him then you are going to have much larger problems than that my dear. Just because you are exclusive doesnt mean that he can stop trying. Talking, in any way you can (it depends on time zone, distance and price for some) is going to obviously important. Even in CD relationships, you need to talk.

You need to not worry about making him mad. It is important just need to let him know you miss talking to him and hearing his voice. On top of that let him know how important communication is.
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Talking is VITAL! I wasn't smart enough to realize that before it was too late. But talking isn't always easy. I know i had some trouble keeping up conversations and in turn made wan't to talk on the phone even less... If that makes any sense? but either way.... It's very important.
        Be surcharged with peace and joy, And scatter them wherever you are And wherever you go. Be a blazing fire of truth, Be a beauteous blossom of love And be a soothing balm of peace...sigpic

Comment

talking on the phone is so important- at least I think so. I'm fortunate in that I can speak to my bf this way and I feel it helps keep us connected and close.

Comment

He shouldn't get mad just because you want to talk to him. You're his girlfriend. Communication is very important in a LDR. Talk to him and tell him that you want to call him more often. If he doesn't want that then ask why.

Comment

Working...
            X