seeing him soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeing him soon

hey yall! so i havent posted in a while but i have been busy! But since i have been gone Glen and i had our 3 years together in October!

anyways i am super excited because next friday I am flying to see him!! I am so excited since i havent seen him since July! This is also my first time to fly and i am nervous! Any tips?

I hope yall are all doing well!

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Congrats on 3 years!

As far as flying goes, are you checking a bag or trying to do carry on only? If carry on only, make sure you only bring the appropriate travel sized shampoos, body soaps, etc - as they will make you dump it if it is over the limit. Get to the airport early so you don't worry about long security lines and potentially missing your flight. And wear comfortable shoes, since you'll have to take them off to go through security and you don't want to stress out over shoes that are difficult to take on and off. Bring chewing gum to chew on to help alleviate pressure in your ear drums as you take off. Bring a book or magazine with you, or an MP3 player to keep you busy on the flight - if you try to buy one in the gift shops, they are overpriced. I love flying - but I get stressed by the airport, so that's why I always have my earphones and a good book to drown out everything around me. Oh and bathrooms on the plane are really small, so I would recommend going before you board if needed. Hope those are the kinds of tips you were looking for

Comment

yes those are great! Thank you so much
      i am goin to try to do carry on!

Comment

Congrats on 3 years!!

Traveling alone might get boring so remember to bring a mp3 so you can have entertainment on the plane. Some magazines and snacks to munch on also. Be sure to check with airline check-in bags regulations. If you're only bringing a carry-on make sure you only use travel size toiletries (3oz bottles inside clear ziploc). Also most domestic airline carry-on bags regulations are 22inches in height and international is 20 inches in height max. Get a travel pillow do you can take naps on the plans if wanted.

Safe travels and have a great visit

Comment

Congrats on Three Years! That's amazing!

After flying alone myself, I would definitely make sure you get to the airport at least an hour early from your flight time. If you have a smart phone, keep an app on their that your airline provides to keep track of any gate changes. Don't forget your license! xD Bring a nice book or a music player for entertainment and you should be just fine.
          "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

do you know the name of the app?

Comment

Carry-on is best, just remember all your toiletries have to fit in little teeny bottles. Try not to check luggage. But I like to, so I get my tickets through Southwest because it's free.

I usually just bring 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair shoes and 1 bra, and wear those on the flight. Same with your coat and/or sweatshirt if you need one. So most of what would be in your bag is like socks/underwear/tshirts.

Food is usually allowed through security, but water/drinks are not. make sure your electronics are easy to get to so you can have them scanned quickly, since they make you take them out of your bag.

I use FlightTrack on my iPhone to keep track of my plane, and I load all my flights via TripIt, which is a super awesome website, and also has an app.

Bon voyage!
              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

YAY!! Happy 3 years and have a good time!

Travel tips... travel light as possible.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                X