First Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Meeting

The girl I've been talking to for over a month I met when I went to Kentucky to visit graduate schools. We had lunch together with a group of people then she asked a friend for my screen name. We talked for a few weeks online then have been talking on the phone every night for about 2 weeks.

We've been clear about the mutual interest, but don't see the point in any kind of "commitment" because I won't be able to see her until August - when I move to Kentucky. She recently expressed to me her apprehension about whether or not the chemistry that we feel we have over the phone will translate in-person and she doesn't want to become too involved because we both feel like we are missing that crucial part of a relationship.

I have no problem continuing to invest myself into the relationship, but how can I make her feel more comfortable with long-distance, considering she had a bad in-person after long-distance experience in the past?

Tell her how you feel about it and let her see your point of view Make sure she understands that every person is different, maybe the relationships in her past didn't work too well, but it doesn't mean yours wouldn't.

Maybe when you move there it all changes (for the better), meanwhile, just enjoy what you two have

Good luck.

Comment

My bf lives in Kentucky he is moving away hopefully the time you move there..lol

You just need to let it all out, let her know how you feel and show her how you are different then her ex. Good luck!

Comment

Let her know how clear your intentions are, and let her know that you are not the same person as her exes.

Comment

i agree, tell her how you are feeling. it could be something amazing!

Comment

I have let her know and I'm actually going to get to see her this weekend, so that will go great!

Comment

Working...
            X