Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrmmm... I feel really... guted.

So here's my story for the past month.

My SO and I decided to let things go as we had alot of things going on our life. Mine being going through my last year of uni and going through the passing of 2 important people in my life that raised me up. Her with her parents going through a divorce.

But She still wanted to contacted me still knowing that I'll be traveling to Toronto in a month as I prebook my tickets already. As we spend late nights for a few days, helping me find accommodation, we decided on near her house (which I don't know where it is yet I know the region). So after that, she knew I'll be busy with my exams, so I decided come on as much as for her prior to my trip, she had her own too starting a new job.

Once the day for me to come here, I haven't received one word from her yet and she knows the city is a relevantly new to me.... as I don't know thing as the bus was actually on strike. So the taxi fare was about 80 dollars for me which was deep. It's almost me hitting a week here and the only contact I have from this country is a friend which in the next town though -.o . So I've been going around the local areas to shop but that's about it... staring onwards to my roof waiting for a reply atleast. If I knew this was gonna happen, I would tried to find a transfer around the US atleast as I have family over there.

Sigh... any recommendations to do in Toronto? I'm already depressing knowing I wasted alot my time here and money now so I mine aswell try to go out with a bang.

Well I found out where she is working from knowledge.... but should I rock up there? I find myself as I shouldn't as 1) might be abit wrong 2) She might not be working on that day and be asking a staff which be more weird also.

Ahh.... What to do...

Comment

i'm so sorry you're going through this... i wish i had some advice, but i can offer a hug
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

What would u do? Go visit her work place (it's retail) and if she isn't there ask or... just dwell in the hotel and find something good about toronto?

Comment

i guess i would explore the area. i love walking around and getting a sense of places i visit.. is there any possibility you can call her up? i wouldn't show up in the store though. she is apparently avoiding contact, and might react in a very hurtful way confronted face to face..
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Hrmmm... the trip be awful as it is. My phone was stolen at NYC so it doesn't help knowing the fact I losted her number haha -.o... I'm really just hoping to see a better day through this holiday.

Comment

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/canada/toronto

Good luck my friend. I can't believe she blew you off like that! And yeah, I would go to where she works. It's not weird to do that. I do it all the time!

Comment

Ugh, I'm so sorry It's so terrible of her to do that. I'd say just stop by her work and ask her if you could take her out for coffee or something, if you feel like that's the right thing to do.

Otherwise, I love Toronto! I am from a city that's about 2 hours away from there. I'd recommend heading down to the distillery district, it's pretty and there is a lot of great food there. Maybe go to a few museums (the Art Gallery of Ontario and the ROM are very cool!), and check out some of the different districts in the city like Chinatown, Little Italy, the Danforth (Greek town). It's been a while since I was last there, so those are my few suggestions, sorry. But try to have fun for yourself if she's still blowing you off.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Well... I still have 2 more weeks here. I was thinking I should call up acting as a customer to see what day she working as I have a complaint haha. Should work... and was gonna ask for coffee too once I do eventually see her. I just want to talk and that's about it. And if I can't get one, I know I've tried. Thanks for everyone recommendation ^^, especially kteire, I'll defintely go to those places once the strike eases now as the taxi fare are quite dear -.o . Fingers cross that I can get this done... as my shoulders feels more heavier every time I'm laying on my hotel bed haha.

Comment

Hrmm... So kinda went shopping around there (ended up spending 800 dollars -.o) but yeah, before I went, I thought I checked if she was working and I knew she wasn't. I'm wondering if I should ask the staff worker but I thought I casted my doubt for another day and walked back to the hotel (which was 45 mins in -1 degrees temperature -.o). I guess I'll ring the only 2 stores around these region when she works as there's only the one downtown left... Ahh... Why I'm doing this .... haha..... -.o . I feel bad doing this yet but back of my mind I just need answers.

Comment

=[ I'm kinda really getting at it now. It's kinda eating me why I'm here. I tried to go downtown to forget some time over what's going on to me but it's still there constantly. 38 hrs of traveling time, 5 thousand dollar down the drain, 11 thousands kilometers to get here... and this is all I have? I've been tempted to ask the staff what day she works but I don't know no more... I'm kinda drinking my sorrows out in the hotel and tipping the cleaners for the extra hard work of cleaning the mess I'm making. I really just... broken...

Comment

can't you adjust your flight ticket and go back home early? she isn't even spending time with you there and you're all alone.. that sucks

Comment

I've rang up asking that only some sort of illness and some sort of passing of a family member warrants a insurance cover of leaving home early. Or Be it another 900 dollar flight. Ahhh... Why is everythign going against me.

Comment

i'm sorry you're still stuck... it's not a good idea to just sit around in your hotel room all day and feel sorry for yourself. i know it hurts, what was done to you sucks big time, but for a moment there, just the next two weeks, put aside what you had initially come here for, and make the best of this trip!
                            you probably won't come back here, so you might as well enjoy it! GO OUT! go exploring, go to museums, go to libraries, coffee shops, go to parks, look up what might be of interest to you and jump right in! meet people, talk, smile to strangers at the bakery... think of this as a test. you will come out much stronger of this experience!

other than the regular tourist recommendations, maybe you'll find something interresting at meetup.com

Go ickud, Go
                            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                            X