Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to get to your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take you to get to your SO?

I know that there is a thread on "how long is your distance?", but what I'm asking is how long does it take you to go from where you live to where your SO is by train, car, plane, bus or whatever form of transportation you use?

From Italy, in order to get to Nevada, it usually takes me 22 hours of traveling and that includes lay-overs and 3 flights, one of which 12 hour long (there is only so much you can do on a plane if you can't sleep, and i can never sleep, SO BORING.
    It's worth it when I finally get to see him, but boy does time slow down when you're counting down the hours and the person next to you on the flight won't stop farting and the person in front of you has their seat pulled so backwards you can see the roots of their hair an inch away from your nose.

So, how long does it take?

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

11 hours by bus. Which I assume is pretty boring but my SO loves it (I can't say though, I haven't visited him yet)

Comment

Oh boy, well we are 3000 miles apart. I HATE any flights with layovers o i normally take a direct flight...thank god for jetblue. That being said, i have a 2 hour commute from where i live to NYC, then a 6 hour flight to Oregon. I love the window seat, but i do a lot of overnight flights and having to wake people up to use the restroom is horrible. lol!
      "You want for myself
      You get me like no one else
      I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
      Even in the darkest part of me
      I am beautiful with you
      Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
      You're here with me
      Just show me this and I'll believe
      I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

[QUOTE=rubydissolution;163858 I love the window seat, but i do a lot of overnight flights and having to wake people up to use the restroom is horrible. lol![/QUOTE]

That is the worst thing for me. I try to hold it because i feel so bad waking people up, or i try to get the seat on the aisle, but then i end up being the one that has to get up all the time

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

25 minute car ride...granted were not a long distance couple anymore it's still a far drive across the city.
          .We've Closed the Distance.
          no matter where i am, no matter where you are
          i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
          no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
          all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Four hours by car, and over five hours by bus.

AEAS, usually the bus ride flies by if you bring something in a carry-on that can keep you occupied. For me, for example, I usually bring a portable DVD player and some movies, or an iPod with a favorite podcast or something on it. With this new podcast I got during the year, I have enough to make the trip almost 10 times.
            National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

24 hours by plane with a layover in Bangkok

Los Angelas, CA all the way to Katmandu, Nepal

Comment

oh my.. it took me literally 2 days to get to him...

I went from home at 10 am for flight from Jambi Province (Sumatra-Indonesia) to Batam Island its 1 hour flight. I arrive around 11pm and then straight to the Batam harbor which took 30 mins. I get the boat to cross Batam island to Singapore at 1.30pm waiting and had lunch.

Boat leave almost at 2pm, arrive in Harbor Front Singapore nearly 3pm. Get out the harbor using the MRT straight to Changi Airport. It took nearly 40 mins to get there from Harbor Front to Changi. My flight at midnight. And some 4 people went MIA while we already on taxi, then the plan goes back again, get the luggage out--due to the anti terrorism policy, no people no luggage. Great.. i am behind my sched.

Fly to Munich i use some meds to get more sleep.. i dont want to have a chat with the guy next to me hahah even though the next day i know he's pretty nice! arrive in Munich 8am i know i am late for my connecting to Paris. After running in Munich Airport *sprint* passing through security i still couldn't make it. Oh well they change the flight 9.30am darn...

So i don't know how to count this.. its pretty long rough trip!

Home i use same flight, from Munich to Singapore took nonstop 13 hours flight, and from Singapore to Batam 1 hour rough boat ride-sky dark and the wave so big. From Batam to Jambi another 1 hour flight... and i am home..fiuuhhh.. i love that guy so very much for sure!!

Comment

I may seem spoiled because it only takes me 22 hours of driving or 2.5 hours on the plane to see my SO.
                  Planes kinda suck for me. I always have to use the restroom due to two surgeries I had on my bladder, especially when I'm nervous. So unless I have an aisle seat, it's pretty horrible. I think the people I sit next to hate having me have to ask them to move about 5 times during the flight :/

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                  Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                  Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                  Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                  Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Its a 7 hour flight from Logan to Heathrow.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

NYC to Nicaragua is about 9 hours with a layover...Compared to some of the other international couples on here, I feel very lucky it's a relatively short trip.

Comment

7.5 hour flight from JFK to Charles de Gaulle, 35-40 minute ride on the RER B and the 7 Métro line from the airport to his flat.

Comment

Direct flight:
                          I have a 4 hour drive to the closest airport that has a direct flight
                          plus an 8ish hour flight :/

I can't really say with layovers, cause last time I flew with layovers, my plane was delayed for freaking ever.

First Met Online: October 2010
                          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

he came to visit me. it was a one hour drive from Santa Barbara to LA. the a 15 hour flight from LA to Sydney then a little drive from the airport to my house.

Comment

It's about a 9 hour flight from Vancouver to The UK (I've had direct flights to Manchester as well as London Gatwick) It's about an hour drive from my house to Vancouver Airport, and if I land in London Gatwick it's a 3+ hours drive to his house, though Manchester is about half the distance, but there's no direct flights from Vancouver to Manchester in the winter months, only May to October, so we do what we can. I avoid flights with layovers because I would either be scared to miss the flight if they were too close together, or scared of the length of time in a strange airport, and my boyfriend also says he'd be even more worried about me if I had a layover somewhere. But it works out. I feel rather lucky with my 9 hour flight when seeing how long some people's journeys take!!

Comment

Working...
                              X