"I Love You" - Who, When, How, Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I Love You" - Who, When, How, Where?

Saying "I love you". It's tricky. I'm curious - who said it when?
    - For those of you who met online, when did you say it? Did you wait til you met? Did you know before you met? How long had you known your SO?
    - For those of you who met CD, did the distance change that? Did you say it before or after you went LD? Did youhave to make sure you loved the other person before deciding to do LD?
    - For those of you who have yet to meet irl, who said it first? How did it effect you? Was it/is it difficult?

For me, he said it first, a couple of days into our re-meeting (We've known each other a long time, but we were just friends when he moved). I said it back a couple of days later. I was pretty sure I loved him before we'd met again, but I did resist saying it online. It wasn't that it wasn't real for me before we met again, but it was more... I guess I wanted to check that what I felt online matched what I'd feel offline, y'know? Little bit of insecurity, etc.

So, mine is kinda funny. My SO and I had been talking for about 2 months and were probably only together officially for 4 weeks when it happened. It was 2 weeks before Christmas and we had been talking alllll night. I just kind of joked and said, "you're totally in love with me aren't you?" He was silent for a second like he was thinking about it and was like "yea i kinda do love you, I love you a lot." Not what i was expecting, but i had no problem telling him i loved him too.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

it is so hard for me to talk about my feelings , it looks so much easier to show how much i care for someone than tell it, (i said it to my ex after 8 months CD relationship). So when somebody say these serious stuff i just smile and have second thoughts, but probably it is my problem.
      generaly i think it is better to save this moment to live it in person with romantic atmoshere and deep eye contact and say it when you just can t hold it anymore.

Comment

I said it after him, of course. I think it was around the 3-4 month mark, but that said it was jokingly said at the time. As a witty remark. But we started saying it after that. Or rather, typing it. The first time we actually said it, he was pretty much asleep and jumping off to go to bed. That was about a month or two ago. So we were well over the year and a half mark. So now I'm trying to pluck up the courage to say it for real, although part of me wants to wait until next year when he comes to visit.

Comment

I made a similar thread about this already it is here with everyones answers https://members.lovingfromadistance....-love-you-quot

Comment

My SO said it first. I'm pretty sure I thought it first, but I was stubborn and told myself I wouldn't say it until he did.
            It was 4 months into our relationship and he kissed me in my driveway and said it. I told him I'd been waiting for him to say that and returned the sentiment.
            It was before we were LD. I don't know what would've happened if he hadn't said it before he left. He was really conflicted about being LD, but I told him "we can do anything as long as we both want to". I think it definitely helped a lot tho. And the distance has only made the feeling stronger.
            I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder after all. We wouldn't have lasted this long if we didn't love each other a little more each day, I don't think.

Comment

I remember exactly when it happened. It was about 4 or 5 months after we first started talking on msn, February 23rd, 2005. We were both online and had been roleplaying (with big cat characters) and he asked me to be his mate. I was scared and thrilled all at the same time. I told him yes, after which he said that he loved me. That was a little bit of a surprise, definitely a pleasant one though, and for a moment I didn't know what to say. I know I really cared about him, and I knew that I definitely would grow to love him but I didn't know if I loved him yet. Still, I said it back as I believed I would love him soon enough anyway, which I did.
              Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
              First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

we were sitting on the couch snuggling and he was getting ready to go to college and we had decided to break up
                so we were on the couch and we looked at each other and we both blurted out "I love you" at the same time.

Comment

I don't remember too well, because it didn't really make sense to me when he first said it. We started off as one of those average spur-of-the-moment videogame romances. I think he said it about 2 weeks after we met, and I just remember thinking he was weird xDDD A few weeks after that though, we both meant it.. sooo....

Comment

LOL we haven't said it officially yet but I think the feelings are there! I am waiting to tell him in person in 5 days LOL....I can't wait!!

Jennifer
                    Live, Laugh, Love, EVERYDAY!

Comment

We had been together for about 5 months-ish and we kind of said it at the same time. But we had known each other through sharing alot of the same people. But even though we knew each other I had been in another state for 5 months before getting together.
                      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

He said it first before we went exclusive and I freaked out. We became exclusive but I never said it back.

He told me I said I love you after I came when we made love over skype, hahaha and he said that he was thrilled but he tried not to react and "tested" me and said I love you again ... I responded back and he was relieved. now I knew what he was thinking that time, we find it funny. LOL
                        sigpic
                        Nobody knows who I really am
                        Maybe they just don't give a damn
                        But if I ever need someone to come along
                        I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

- For those of you who met online, when did you say it? Did you wait til you met? Did you know before you met? How long had you known your SO?
                          - For those of you who have yet to meet irl, who said it first? How did it effect you? Was it/is it difficult?
                          I met my SO online, and we have not met yet. We'd been friends about 3 and a half years, and this was our second try at a relationship when it was said. We'd dated for about two months before I broke it off because I didn't think I could handle the distance, but after a couple months we got back together, and have been together since.
                          I believe I actually said it first, about 3 or 4 months into our relationship, but there had been feelings there for quite some time before we made it official. We'd gotten into a big argument that had almost ended our relationship, and I came out and told him "I love you, and I don't ever want to lose you; you know that right?" to which he asked me if I was serious, and I said yes, without a doubt, and he responded that he loved me too and didn't know I'd felt the same way.
                          Even to this day, it still makes me smile to hear it. It's funny when I think back, because before my SO, I never thought I'd get involved with anyone online, let alone fall in love on line, but I would definitely say I do truly love him, even if we hadn't met. It was kind of difficult to say the first time, because I didn't know if he felt the same way, and because I wasn't sure if you could truly fall in love with someone you'd never met, but I believe in my heart it's true
                          You never forget your first love...

Comment

My SO and I started CD. I told him I loved him after about 7 weeks of dating, on the day that we became LD (and he said it back then!). I don't think I would have wanted to do LD even if we hadn't said it before we parted... to be honest, even knowing we loved each other, we were both completely hesitant about doing LD at all. We both realised eventually that we were in a LDR anyway, so the title wouldn't change anything I don't know how that would have panned out if we hadn't said we loved each other.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

For those of you who met CD, did the distance change that? Did you say it before or after you went LD? Did youhave to make sure you loved the other person before deciding to do LD?
                              Well, he said the three famous words after he kissed me for the first time just five days after we met each other. It took me by surprise. I thought he wasn't serious and put it to the alcohol as we both were at a party at the time. I did not count on feelings growing while stealing kisses all the time and I found myself saying the words back after, what, three weeks. That was the week before depature and that was when I realised I did not want to let that man go. Ever. And the rest is history. We're in a LDR and the distance hasn't changed about how often we say I love you to each other.

To be honest I don't think this relationship would have developed that fast if it weren't for that distance....

Comment

Working...
                              X