Starting Anew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Anew

A little background to begin with for those who don't know me...
    I was in a 8,000 mile/13,000km from Canada to Malaysia that lasted for 19 months before falling apart this summer. (no need to go into specifics, my posts are buried but those wondering can look them up)

I feel like I am ready to go out and start meeting people again, but I don't know where to go. It has been so long since I introduced myself to people I don't really know, with the hopes of breaking the ice. The one thing I learnt from my last experience (however sour it ended) was that I am capable of being in an LDR. I do not know about CDR, but I would think it would be the same. I am trying online dating sites, but well, they didn't really work in the past since they are quite hit and miss. But where else could I go to meet people online? Some online games have a balanced playing base and other well, a sausage bowl and also wouldn't it be a little it creepy to try there? (but that is just me)

As for meeting gals in person, it is hard to where to begin. I feel I kinda know how to approach gals, but I don't know where I can meet people of similar interest of me.
    It is so confusing picking up your life after being with someone over a year. I feel like I am almost back at square one, not that, that is a bad thing.

AA
    "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
    "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
    "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

You know, you don't really have to look around too hard, you'll be surprised you find love in the most unexpected places at an unexpected time.

sigpic
    Nobody knows who I really am
    Maybe they just don't give a damn
    But if I ever need someone to come along
    I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

What are some of your hobbies? Best places I find are parties, dance classes, the gym, music shows/gigs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
        What are some of your hobbies? Best places I find are parties, dance classes, the gym, music shows/gigs etc.
        I agree with Madmolly. Join clubs or attend gatherings for hobbies you like in addition to online dating websites. You have to put yourself out there in order to find or have them find you.

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourlf. Love always finds you at the most unexpected place and time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgui View Post
          I agree with Madmolly. Join clubs or attend gatherings for hobbies you like in addition to online dating websites. You have to put yourself out there in order to find or have them find you.

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourlf. Love always finds you at the most unexpected place and time.
          What she said!

Comment

Originally posted by annb8888 View Post
            You know, you don't really have to look around too hard, you'll be surprised you find love in the most unexpected places at an unexpected time.

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
            Originally posted by Jgui View Post

thanks Ann, Molly and Jgui! Heh, I'll definitely try to being not so hard on myself.
            "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
            "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
            "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Comment

Originally posted by annb8888 View Post
              agreed! I didn't want to date anyone. And then my SO came along and it threw me off. Just be patient. Go out and just take things slow. There is no need to rush anything!

Good Luck and stay positive.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
                agreed! I didn't want to date anyone. And then my SO came along and it threw me off. Just be patient. Go out and just take things slow. There is no need to rush anything!

Good Luck and stay positive.
                Thanks! Heh yeah, when you are looking you don't really find anyone. But as soon as you stop and start doing something else... someone just seems to come along. I know since my last ldr started on facebook by accident.

Comment

Now this is going to sound terribly cliché, but you usually find love when you don't expect it. If you set up in your mind that you're going to find someone, and you're going to find her now, chances are you're not. The pressure will be too much, you will use all your energies in looking for "that person" and beat yourself up if you don't find her.
                  Enjoy life, just take each day as it comes, go out, use the internet, and at some point you will "stumble upon" someone interesting. Love isn't something you can really rush , and you certainly don't find it the moment you decide to go looking for it.
                  Most of the greatest love stories happen by chance, and they always sneak up on you.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Agree with what everyone else has said. Try and find somehting like a club. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X