I'm just starting, hes graduating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just starting, hes graduating.

My SO and I are the same age but I am just starting school this year and he is graduating. I have been out of school for two years now, my ex husband didnt want me in school so now that I left him, I am going back to school.

My SO is super supportive, I am just worried about how our relationship is going to be effected by my school because I havent had the stress in years.

Has anyone had experience with this?

I am currently still in school for 1.5 more years and my SO has been out of school for years already. You just have to learn to balance your school work and your SO. I do all of my homework during the time me and my SO cannot talk, so I am free when we are able to spend time together. Sometimes school gets in the way of trip planning and spending time with your SO but it all gets worked out in the end. I am sure you will be alright since your SO is supportive of you being in school!

Comment

I'm actually in my second year in my bachelors yes, I know 24 year old just now in college. I was on and off again from college when I was 19 til now. I'm more consistent. My SO who is 23 is just about done with his bachelors. This fall I'm taking 4-5 classes which is going to stress me out, and worry our relationship might dimish, because there will be times when won't really talk. I'll be too busy. My SO assured me that as long as we can talk at least once a day. He's being extremely supportive of me. Which I'm thankful for. I wouldn't worry too much, imo just continue to try to keep contact. Even if that means, he sends you a text message send one back don't wait just do it. If your busy and he calls you, you answer just say I'm a bit busy now. Can I call you back? and do so. Try to have dates/skype dates whichever yall do. Hope everything works out for you.
      https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
      Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

My SO has just left for graduate school and I still have 2 years left of undergraduate to go, though our relationship while we were physically together kept us apart sometimes. My advice is to keep on trying to tell yourself that, although you want to be with your SO constantly and spend all your time talking to him, you should keep school a priority ^^ It gives you guys both time to develop yourselves as individuals, which will make the relationship better!

Also, congrats on getting into school again good luck!
        "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Congrats on going back! My SO and I got our bachelors at the same time, however I started grad school that Fall. He decided to get a full time teaching job, so it definitely made it tougher due to schedule differences. I am in practicum during the day and have night classes. I am always under a huge amount of stress, but we both learned to deal with what life has thrown at us. We have specific times set aside for Skype dates once a week. It's the best of both worlds since I can still focus on school and we have that guaranteed time for each other. If you and your SO have regular schedules I would highly recommend doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X