When texting is always the same....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When texting is always the same....

i feel like me and my SO get into texting and calling funks... i am always so excited when i have time for a long conversation but sometimes it seems we have nothing to say outside the usual. the same unfortunate events go for our texting habits. Sometimes we get stuck in the
    i love you
    i love you too.
    i miss you
    i miss you more
    think your cute :]
    i think your sexy ;]

and our conversation never goes anywhere.... does anyone have any advice or have any questions they like to ask to get nice conversations out of... sometimes he has a hard time realizing i want more than a yes/no answer or answers a potentially interesting question with something really short...

I think everyone goes through this eventually at some stage and it is frustrating because sometimes you start to think oh god is he getting bored of me. As soon as it starts happening I say something and we talk about why it might be happening. Maybe you could ask about their day or or talk about movies or tv shows you have seen. Funks always happen you just need to try not to put so much thought into them and just move on if that makes sense. It's like if you continually think about something you might end up seeing a problem that isn't actually there

Comment

i totally feel u on this, after 2 years together, its hard to explain myself about this, many times i told myself, hey he's at least txtn u even if its a hi , and later on hi babe or like the ones u wrote. but i've realized that sometime that's not enough for me, it gets boring and like a routine, i love the long conversations where we both are actually communicate things, bcos most of the time im the one that talks n talks, ig we all women crave for more n when we dont get it we get hurt or emotional about it....
      anyways try to talk about yalls day, work place or school, sex! that's a good entertaining topic ;p

Comment

Agreed, I think everyone goes through this when they've been in a relationship long enough, CDR or LDR. My boyfriend is a little like this, too, when it comes to asking how his day is and stuff. Usually, I do something like: "tell me something! tell me everythingggg" in a kind of joking way. Other than that, maybe text him something that needs a reply? Like, something interesting you see during your day that he can comment on?
        "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

What I have started to do with my SO is we send also pics.
          Random things we do or see during the day.
          Not every day but once in a while.

I try also to be creative, yes of course we have the 'I love you , I love you more', because it's facts. We love each other.
          But I'll try to say it in different ways, once i was having breakfast and i wrote ' I luv you' with cereals, took a pic and sent him that (on the phone).
          And it made him laugh.

Another time i texted him ' I need to tell you something important!' and he goes ' what? anything wrong?' and I'm like 'nothing wrong, you are simply the most amazing man on earth and i love you!'.
          It made his day better.

Yes, I'm super corny.
          But what I'm tryin to say is you can use texts or images and say the same things but in various ways~!

Be creative
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Sometimes it's kinda samey, other times it's not so much but the fact that he sends me messages is enough for me

Comment

I totally know what you mean. We went through this phase and still deal with it occasionally. Our texts are usually the typical "I love you" "I miss you" "your my world" type of deal. When we talk on the phone or Skype however we usually have some pretty interesting and fun conversations unless one of us is doing something. I know I am guilty of checking Facebook while talking to him and that's usually when our conversations go dead because I can't read peoples stuff on Facebook and listen/talk to him at the same time. I don't do it very often because of this reason. Just hang in there and like other people suggested talk about movies, music, tv shows, the family, what you did that day, etc. If your looking for more than a one word answer out of him maybe you should let him know that.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

When this happens with my SO and I, I like to play the question game! Think of any random question (or google some) and find out some new stuff about each other. I guarantee a conversation will start from it!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X