Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbing the Cradle

Hi,

I'm a freshman in college who has had to leave her other half My boyfriend of two years is younger then me( still in high school) now a hour and a half away. A lot of people may think its nothing, but when you go from seeing someone everyday to possibly every two weeks it feels like a lifetime! The mental and physical attraction I have for my boyfriend wont allow me to talk to anyone else. Thoughts of him talking to someone else is heart breaking. If I begin to be insecure it will be bound to happen. So I realize I need to trust him and keep him 3x happier then I use to. WE will last forever

Shorty

Do exactly what you said, continue to trust that he loves you and wouldnt do anything to hurt you. Maybe put forth a little extra effort now to let him know that you are always thinking about him and that you love him. But also dont forget how teenage boys think....I wish you luck!!

Comment

A.) Sorry to hear you have had to enter this hardship we've all faced. It's hard.
      B.) Glad to hear you've mostly got your head on your shoulders about this.
      C.) Robbing the cradle?? As a member of a relationship that started with a 15yo dating an 18yo that has worked out fine three and a half years later... I fail to see where the cradle robbing comes in.

Comment

LDRs are hard, but they're not impossible to get through. We all understand that it's hard to be away from him, but you guys trust each other right? Knowing that there's trust between you two, and that you care about each other a lot, should inspire you to do your best. Sure he's still in high school, but that doesn't mean you won't see him ever again! So keep at it: TRUST HIM. YOU WILL LAST! Best of Luck~ We're all cheering you on!

Comment

This was me in 2010, they were 16 I was 18. We've survived 2 years of seeing each other every 3 months and I am very possessive, so don't give up!

Things you will need:
          - A cheap call plan or skype: Texts/emails/IM won't cut it for sustaining communication and can be time consuming.
          - Limits: Don't smother each other with constant communication (ie texts every hour), keep it to an hour's phonecall each night (worked for us)
          - Honesty, trust and maturity: If he will tell you about what is happening in his life and he is commited to you, you need to try and be calm about other people. Think of the guy friends you have, and how little you want to be with them.. it's the same for guys. Understand he'll be busy sometimes but he still loves you. Be glad he has a life!
          - Money to visit each other: It will help him stay connected to you to visit your college and meet your new friends early on.

The first 6 months are the hardest but don't give up on each other, you'll get used to the new arrangement. Good luck, and think of summer break!

Comment

Working...
          X