Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-A-L-K. It's the only thing that'll lead to T-R-U-S-T :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-A-L-K. It's the only thing that'll lead to T-R-U-S-T :)

I initially joined this forum because I was afraid of what would happen to the relationship between my SO and me after he went to college. I'm so glad I made that choice. The encouragement and advice that I have been getting is amazing! So here's my way of giving back to you guys. To all of you girls who are afraid that long distance will ruin your relationship, I would like to say one thing: YOU'RE WRONG. Communicating with your SO is the ONLY way to keep the bond strong and intact. Before my SO left, we spent a lot of time talking VERY honestly with each other not only face to face, but on the phone as well. Say you get into an argument, give him a day or so to cool down, then talk about it. It's no use just leaving it as it is, because if he truly cares he'll listen! I honestly don't know why I'm doing this, but I feel as if I should share this. I know a lot of you know this, but why not reiterate it? I got into an argument with my SO due to the fact that I had to constantly cancel our dates. He started getting very frustrated and asked me what he should do. No girl wants to hear that question right? We talked about it and he said that he wasn't mad because I had to cancel, he understood that, he was mad just because guys get frustrated sometimes. He told me that he needed me to understand that he was bound to get frustrated sometimes, but it was never intentionally directed at me. So again, talk to him, no matter how far away he is....if you build up enough trust the feeling overwhelms you! It's nice to feel secure in a relationship, so don't be afraid to talk about problems. When you don't talk about problems, that's when problems arise. I don't know if anyone will find this as useful, I'm just putting it out there. If anyone takes the time to read this...thanks

Totally Agreed

Comment

Working...
    X