SO busy = me lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO busy = me lonely

So my SO and i had a fight today. Ive been feeling lonely because weve hardly talked lately.

Hes been busy with school and trying to stay okay. I can understand that.

I unintentionally made him feel bad which made me feel bad. And I told him Id email him since he doesnt have wifi at school and cant text me from the app he uses. But I got back late because I missed the bus. So now im waiting for him to reply to my apology but Idk when he will get on a computer to message me and i feel aweful for putting th blame on him. Idk im just all sad and crap now
    " There is always hope.
    "

Yeah, it's hard to deal with waiting just to hear from your SO about anything because he/she is busy. Sometimes I think to myself, How busy could he possibly be that he can't even shoot me an email or call me before bed? Is he not even allowed to go to the bathroom because of how busy he is??

I think we should take solace in that we are doing our part. You sent your SO an email apologizing for unintentionally making him feel guilty (although, if you made him feel guilty for not talking to you enough and now he can't even respond to the apology for the guilt, maybe he needs to feel a little guilty for being too busy for his own girlfriend :P), and there's not much more there is to solving the crisis but to see if he accepts it. But the longing for contact with him is the hard part, I understand.

(Back on wondering what could keep them so darn busy... Am I the same to him as his grandma? Does he think, "Oh, geez, gotta call that old hag sometime..." Oy vey. :P)

Comment

It sucks not to be able to talk a lot
      The problem is... Nagging him and picking fights isn't going to make him want to talk more often. As a matter of fact, eventually it'll make him think he doesn't want to call because you'll be fighting anyway. You can be sad and I completely understand you because I had the same issue a few months ago. But being sad and picking fights or accusing the SO of things are two different things.
      Give him some time, be supportive and hopefully he'll come around when his school work slows down *hugs*

Comment

Thanks I try to do my best but college has him so busy tho i suppose I should be greatful some people only talk their SO once a week maybe even less depending on the situation
        " There is always hope.
        "

Comment

In the same boat with you Sharon, my SO just left my home here 2 weeks ago and had to go back home to college. It was a hard transition for me, going from seeing him 24/7 to much much less. I constantly feel left out too when he's with his college friends and hanging out at their dorm, wishing I was with him there. I felt really neglected and we got into a fight too. But I just tried harder to keep myself busy and realized that if I miss talking to him one day it's not the end of the world. I was upset mostly because I had asked him for just one day a week to ourselves, just him and I time, and he'd broken the promise. Now he tries extra hard to at least text me when he can, which i appreciate. Hang in there kitten.

Comment

Me too! I just learned not to push the issue when he's already stressed out and overwhelmed because it will always end in a fight. My SO left 2 weeks ago too and I've barely heard from him too. It's so frustrating because I saw him almost every day for 6 months when he was home. Now, I feel like I'm unimportant sometimes. I guess I do feel like "how could he be so busy to not send me a text?" but guys are stupid and maybe they just don't think of it? I get a little discouraged when I know he's hanging out with friends, but I am glad because he is having fun. I can't help but miss him. I am doing my own thing too and having my own life, but I want to hear from him! He will come around, they always do. I know once he is less busy, he will be making more time for you. *hugs*

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I know how you feel too, there are times when I am always constantly busy and going out and doing two jobs is a lot of hard work for me and I don't always spend enough time just hanging out with my SO playing games together etc. I always miss him and I always feel guilty if I don't have time to talk to him. But we always seem to make time for each other and then there are times when it feels all a bit too much and I want to have space to myself. Your SO has just gone to college and probably needs space and time to get used to being in a different routine.

Take some time out for you too, just chill and read a book or whatever.

Comment

Working...
              X