How do I stop the pity party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop the pity party?

I moved to another state for school and I'm having such a difficult time. I don't really know anyone yet and I have to start at my new job. I miss home so so so much especially my SO. I just want to run back home sometimes. I've been here 18 days and it's been the toughest 18 days of my life. I cry all the time and I'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. What can I do to stop hurting so much?

DO ANYTHING! Keep your self busy! And try to get some new friends to hng out with!

And think positive, think about stuff like "if you get through this you will be so much stronger!!" Read some qoutes on behappy.me and try to keep your mood up!

Comment

Just keep yourself busy! Joining a club will help you meet some friends and give you time to get out of your dorm. Your job will keep you busy! Go out and enjoy living on campus instead of dwelling on how much you miss home, it will get better! It took a month or two for me to get used to being away from everyone but I settled in and did not really miss home. But at the same time I didn't have a SO, to miss. We will be here to support you

Comment

To prevent redundancy, I shall refer you to my reply to another in reference to feeling down.
        https://members.lovingfromadistance....pression/page2
        And sometimes, all you can do is stay so busy you forget to feel sad.

Comment

Stay busy Join some clubs of interests, or study a lot to get good grades Fall break will be here soon and then you can go home to visit

Comment

Working...
          X