Fighting for Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting for Love

So yesterday my SO's and my 8 month anniversary. It's now been officially a month since he left. I'm so proud of him for sticking with me through all of the change he's experiencing. There's one thing that's bothering me though...Since we're 6 hours apart, we only really get to skype/"talk talk" on fridays & the weekend. Anyways, he sent me an email. In it, he said that he feels as if his heart is drifting away from me. He told me that it really hurts to know that his heart is drifting away, while every other part of him wants to hold onto what we have. He says it's not because I'm not trying hard enough, it's just his heart. With that aside, he told me that he can't imagine me not smiling at him and all that, and that he really needs me to help him not to feels so empty. After hearing/reading this, I was really sad...but I'm nit going to give up. I shared the song "Remind Me" by Brad Paisley ft. Carrie Underwood and told him that We'll get through this together. There's no way I'm going to let him go. He doesn't want to break up so I'll fight. Come what may....I believe we have something worth fighting for. Wish me luck!

*hugs*

I'm going to quote someone on here (sorry! I don't know who it is!!) who says "Love is fluid"... I think the fact that his "heart s drifting" is not necessarily alarming... We don't always stay 100% in love with our SO 100% of the time... Sometimes we may find ourselves drifting away but it is just that other things in life is taking a lot of our time and energy... I think as long as you both want to give it your all and both want it to work, you will be more than okay! Just some growing pains of any relationship, but especially long distance one... in my opinion!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Thank you for all the encouragement! PS: I apologize for all of the typos....I'm writing this from a mobile device.
      Last edited by artgrl808; September 26, 2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but don't give up! It's difficult and hard, it also hurts like hell, but if you're strong enough you'll be fine. Hold on tight! And just remember:

Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm Possible - Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I'm sorry things are difficult. And I know he's asked YOU to help HIM out, but one thing I find makes you feel less like your heart is 'drifting' is when you actually do something for your SO, rather than wait for your SO to make you feel less...drifty. Get him to mail YOU something - he'll have to think about you to do it, decide what he wants to send, and then he'll have the anticipation of "She's going to get something nice from me, and I can't wait to surprise her". Get him engaging with how he feels about you.

I definitely find that what you put into your relationship is what you will get out. If you want to feel more love, give more love. You can't just rely on someone else to make you love them, sometimes you have to do something loving to remind yourself that it's already there.

Comment

You can't just rely on someone else to make you love them, sometimes you have to do something loving to remind yourself that it's already there.
            My sentiments exactly. While he might be going through an adjustment phase and changes it seems a little unfair leaving it all on you. Its something you need to work on together than being one-sided. You don't want to burn out in the process. He needs to get involved as well which will keep his heart and mind in the right pace.

While a 6 hour difference is hard (my boy and I are on a 5 hour difference), you can email or text during the week so that it doesn't feel like you have no contact at all until Friday/Weekends. Add a little fun element to the emails too. That way you'll both have a little something to look forward to and he'll be helping you help him
            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I talked to him today and he agreed that he should send me something because it'll cause him to really contemplate our relationship. He's gotten better due to our heart to heart talk, but I know he still has a long way to go. I really appreciate all of support. Thank you everyone!

Comment

And yes, I agreethat what you put into a relationship is what you'll get out of it too. With that being said, I have a good feeling (because I'm putting my all into my relationship)

Comment

Working...
                X