I feel so strange lately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel so strange lately.

My boyfriend left for college in August and up until about a few weeks ago, everything has been amazing. Of course, at the beginning there was a little anxiety. Recently, however, I have been having extreme sadness. I feel like something changed between us. He says nothing has and he really is right. Nothing has but I just feel depressed. I want to hear his voice and hug him and just lay with him in the dark. Maybe I am just stressed with my classes in college & bills & everything. But I just need to know if anyone has ever felt this. I can't help but feel the need to cry all of the time the past few days. I keep causing little arguments because i get upset when he doesn't text me right back. Just little things.

I feel terrible because he is a great boyfriend and everything is PERFECT when we are together...but when we are apart I feel so empty and alone. Any advice?

Your mental health is just as important to your relationship as communication, in some ways. If you aren't happy outside of the relationship, you likely aren't happy inside of the relationship. If you're busy, stressed, depressed, on top of being lonely because you can't be with your SO... things are no bueno. You need to find coping skills for yourself. It is great that being with him makes you happy, but you have to be just as happy outside of your relationship as you are in your relationship or else the relationship isn't healthy. Work on you. Maybe he can help. You need to be happy, or at least content on your own.

Comment

I so get you, because I am in a very similar situation. I was the one who left for college, and whenever I left and I started to start another "life" per say, another "routine" in my new environment, I felt very empty because I missed being able to see my SO whenever I wanted. I have been in college for almost 3 semesters, so I've mastered the feeling of emptiness, loneliness, and overall just sadness, and this is what you got to do.
      I don't know about you, but it feels the worst whenever I am not doing anything, so it's time to start getting active. You need to start paying attention to a very special person, and that's yourself. Join clubs, organizations, groups or classes. Do something with your friends. Travel. Read a great book. Get active. Not only are you feeding yourself with new experiences and growing from them, but then you will have plenty to talk about whenever you see your SO again! Life shouldn't be able sadness, life is about experiences. Go out and do some fun things, life's short! Your SO will be home soon, just hang in there <3
      Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Working...
      X