This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Official? :(

So my SO and I have been going out for six months roughly, and I decided to add him as a friend on Facebook. Normally I don't add people I go out with on Facebook because my relationships normally don't last long, so it's just a bother to unfriend them and all that. But I took the plunge this time, and what I found out was that his relationship status says that he's in a relationship with a girl in his old high school. Needless to say, I had a great balling session. And I'm waiting to hear back from him. But it was a big shock. And it was just put up recently, but we've been really lovey dovey, so I'm just confused. And really really hurt.

**UPDATE** So he added her on Facebook because her boyfriend is flirting with a lot of other girls so that was to make him jealous. What I don't understand is who does that, especially if she knows that we're going out. (P.S. I'm kinda biased because she's irritated me before.)
    Last edited by ams.201220; December 17, 2012, 05:11 PM.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

It is possible that he is "in a relationship" with her in the same way my friend is "in a relationship" with her best friend. Doubtful, but it's worth looking into. Ask him about it. Talk to him. Beware sweet talk. You have to know if he's telling you the truth or what you want to hear, but talk to him. And if it's no big deal, then tell him you're uncomfortable with it and ask him to remove that.
    It's a long-shot, but I hope it's nothing, love.

Comment

I would have a discussion with him before you assume the worst. It could just be a joke relationship for all you know.

Comment

Originally posted by efish1042 View Post
        It is possible that he is "in a relationship" with her in the same way my friend is "in a relationship" with her best friend. Doubtful, but it's worth looking into. Ask him about it. Talk to him. Beware sweet talk. You have to know if he's telling you the truth or what you want to hear, but talk to him. And if it's no big deal, then tell him you're uncomfortable with it and ask him to remove that.
        It's a long-shot, but I hope it's nothing, love.
        Yeah, that's what my friend said. We got into a fight two hours ago, because he stood me up for the fourth time in the past two weeks. But this one was my fault because he wanted to have the date just the time had to get pushed back a little and I was adamant about it being the same. But I called him and his phone is either dead or off, so I left a message and now I'm just waiting.

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

my bf (not fb official yet) had this friend commented on his facebook calling him baby and stuff like that. so, i confronted him and he said he took care of it by telling this "friend" that they cant only be friends. So, if you tell him it bothers you, he should change it and his friend should understand it aswell... i think its ridiculous for ppl to put their relationship status up with ppl they are not actually in a relationship with...

Comment

Originally posted by aomnomnom View Post
            my bf (not fb official yet) had this friend commented on his facebook calling him baby and stuff like that. so, i confronted him and he said he took care of it by telling this "friend" that they cant only be friends. So, if you tell him it bothers you, he should change it and his friend should understand it aswell... i think its ridiculous for ppl to put their relationship status up with ppl they are not actually in a relationship with...
            Oh. I confronted him about it twice. And all he could say was that "We're just really good friends." So I flipped my lid. After all that though, he agreed to take it down, and we're making it Facebook official. I've never done it, so I'm a bit excited and nervous to do it, but he's my first absolutely serious boyfriend, so I feel that it's good to have.

XXX XXX

Comment

glad you guys fixed the issue : )
              ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
              X