Medical School and the Marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical School and the Marines

Okies! I've recently switched my major and I've declared Pre-Med. After undergraduate school in three years, I will have to go to med school. But next year SO is going into Boot Camp. I'm extremely happy for him because this is what he really wants to do. However, at the moment, we barely talk to each other because he works over 12 hours a day, five days a week, and I'm currently preparing for my winter semester, so I'm swamped with pre-class work. On top of that I work three hour shifts in the evening for the whole month of January. We have t had a date in months and I haven't seen him since July. I'm so concerned that with Boot Camp and Med School, we're going to be a silent couple. I know it's in the future, but it's just been on my mind, so I felt like venting to someone.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Talk now about your expectations. It's possible to maintain a relationship but you guys have to come up with a plan that work for you! Best of luck and congrats on choosing your major!

Comment

I agree with digitalfever. Whenever there's some new obstacle or whatever that makes my relationship with my SO even harder than it would normally be, we would talk about what we both expected out of our relationship given consideration of the particular hardship.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X