Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning our first meeting..

Hey Guys!

Very excited. My SO and I have began to make plans to meet eachother very soon! He said he would rather come to me for ourfirst meeting so my parents can be at ease when I have to fly out to him someday..hes a sweetheart
    I thought that sounded fine, but heres the thing. I live in Indiana, not Indianapolis so I'm nowhere near the big city. I love in a hokey little town roughly 45 minutes from the Michigan border and about 15 minutes from Ohio..
    So heres my thoughts..THERES NOTHING TO DO HERE. Seriously, the best thing we have is a Super Wal-Mart and a movie theater. I'm worried he will get here and I'll have nothing for us to do, that's exciting at least. I know we just need to enjoy the time we have together, but he's coming from Florida..right off the coast. I don't want to bore him to death.
    So I'm not stressing so much, but just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation or thinks about this too?

This is all depending on how old you are and if you drive, but maybe he could spend a few days with you seeing where you live and then you could take a small road trip to the nearest city for a couple more days? Is there anywhere you can go camping? I suppose that depends on when he is coming to visit, no one like camping in the snow!

If you live around Ft Wayne, they have one of the top 10 zoos there, bowling and an art museum. https://www.visitfortwayne.com/thing...4#.UPlbYme4rJ8
    Last edited by snow_girl; January 18, 2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Oh I'm 21
      you know I never thought of camping as a possiblity..
      Thanks!

Comment

There is a whole article about romantic getaways in Ft Wayne (only if that is around where you live, I wasn't being creeping and looking on a map trying to guess where is 15 min from OH and 45 from MI or anything....)
        https://www.visitfortwayne.com/visit...s#.UPmdsBzIguo

Comment

Well, as an indoor person, I can think of lots of things you guys can do together. I wouldn't worry about it too much. He's coming to see you - that will make the visit amazing enough. Who knows, maybe he will appreciate a "slow down" after living in a busier place. Plan some indoor activities to do together, go to a movie, my fiance and I did have fun going to several Wal-Marts while he was visiting so it is possible (hey, we liked doing anything together). Are there any restaurants? A little cafe? I think it will be fine.

Comment

Last time I promise! You could play Walmart Bingo! https://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=43165

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
              Last time I promise! You could play Walmart Bingo! https://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=43165
              hahaha! you're awesome!
              yes i'm just north of fort wayne, but i dont want to be there everyday hes here. im sure we'll venture into town a couple times because hes planning on being here for more than just a couple of days.
              nevertheless, im very excited. really appreciate the comments

Comment

My SO lives in Indiana! There isn't much here either so I can semi-relate. Is there a bowling alley close? I love the camping idea...that would be fun if he's coming when it's going to be warmer. We take random drives to small towns and explore and there are some pretty state parks in both of our states so we go there too. Not much help - sorry!

Comment

I'm the one that lives in the big city while my SO is the one living in the little town. I can tell you the first time I was there I just enjoyed the calm of it all. In the city it's always GO GO GO and it's always nice to take a nice break to just breathe. I'm sure he will enjoy the time he has with you. Sometimes just a day trip to the closest city is fun too. I know my SO and I do that when I go there.
                  sigpic
                  02/21/09 - The day I really started living and breathing!

Comment

Originally posted by camlus View Post
                    I'm the one that lives in the big city while my SO is the one living in the little town. I can tell you the first time I was there I just enjoyed the calm of it all. In the city it's always GO GO GO and it's always nice to take a nice break to just breathe. I'm sure he will enjoy the time he has with you. Sometimes just a day trip to the closest city is fun too. I know my SO and I do that when I go there.
                    He has made the comment of being excited of getting away for awhile. He has quite a few more tourists in his area then I do. I'm hopeing he wants to come in the fall. It's beautiful here in the fall and our county fair is then too. OOoo! Now I'm giving myself ideas!

Comment

Despite nothing much to do there I'm sure there are plenty of sights he wouldn't have seen on the coast right? hidden gems etc

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I think you have to remember that the grass on the other side of the fence always seems greener! I'm sure he'll love it as what you think is boring is new to him and exciting. Even walking around somewhere new is fun.

Comment

I wouldn't be so worried since I believe that he will be enjoying your presence even if there isn't much to do around. So take him on a walk, engage in conversations and don't worry about being bored. If you're still worried, if you look around you I'm sure there are plenty of things to do that you have never thought of, even indoors! I always find ways to entertain myself when I'm in my own house. Another thing you could do is try to do hobbies that both of you share or try each other's hobbies (for example, my SO and I both enjoy drawing a lot so I would love to try some drawing activity together with him when we meet)!

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
                          Got separated: August 2016
                          Reunion: July 2017
                          Officially together: January 2018
                          ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Working...
                          X