Lack of Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Communication

So my SO and I have been together for about 3 months now and so far its been really great.

The only problem is that we never get to talk. We're both in fairly busy programs but we only end up talking once a week at most.
    Does anyone have any advice about this? I really miss her and wish we could talk more often.

Have you tried setting up a few minutes either everyday or every other day so that you two can talk? Even if its just for 30 minutes its better than nothing at all and most people can spare 30 minutes every other day. I think in LD relationships you really have to work harder than you would in a CD relationship when it comes to communicating. You both need to put in an effort to make sure you two get time together. Personally, for me, once a week would not be enough but, everyone is different. Have a talk with your SO and see what you guys can work out.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Is that actual talking or any communication, if any form then find other ways, there's plenty of different ways you can communicate if you don't have alot of time, texting or emailing each other plus sending each other mail.

Comment

if you can't be free the same time, e-mail each other, text, leave messages on facebook etc, just to keep talking, on the weekends set a time "Date" for you both to be free

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
          if you can't be free the same time, e-mail each other, text, leave messages on facebook etc, just to keep talking, on the weekends set a time "Date" for you both to be free
          I like this suggestion
          Speaking on their voice mail can be nice too!

Comment

Working...
          X