now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now what?

I just got back from spending 9 amazing days with my SO. hes gonna come see me in the end of June. And then by the end of August ill be living with him. But right now it just feels like im waiting. Im so sad and depressed and miserable almost all the time. i miss him so much. i cant even sleep. i dont know what to do. i dont know how to handle this. any advice? please.

As most here will tell you, keep busy. Whatever it is you do, do it all the time. The first couple days you'll just be deeply depressed. That makes doing anything hard. But you'll come out of that and settle into a routine. The busier you stay the less you'll have time to think/worry about it. Find a new hobby, go out with friends, focus on your school work. Just stay busy. You'll be alright.
    Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
    Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
    Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
    LD again: July 24, 2012
    Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
    Married: November 1, 2014
    Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

What sewbama said!
      It's very hard to get back home after a visit but you have to focus on the positive aspects and not the bad and sad stuff. It will do you no good to sit around and be depressed. Keep busy and start a countdown to your next visit. It'll fly by and it wont be so bad, you'll see.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

It's always awful returning home after a great visit and it's normal for it to take a few days to get settled. Like everyone else will tell you on here, you need to get back into your daily routine, keep busy and your mind occupied. You have a visit to focus on, so that will help. Many on here don't know when there going to see their SO again, so the fact that you have is a bonus my dear....

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Working...