Not sure if I'm ready...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I'm ready...

So my boyfriend and I have been together 6 months and our relationship has recently gone from long distance to even longer distance. But be fore he left for his 7month long trip, we got to spend 5 1/2 amazing months together none of which involved sex....

I am 19 and I am still a virgin. He's 19 and he's not a virgin.----It's pretty much as simple as that.

He has told me over and over that he will wait for me, no matter what. Even with him leaving on the boat with a bunch of single guys who just love to party. And I trust him 100%, no question. But he has also told me that it is hard for him to wait, and that he was hoping we would have done it before he left, but obviously we didn't. I have no doubt that the only person he will have sex with is me...but i just don't know when I'll be ready, he tells me that there is never a time where I will know I'm really ready-is that true?

I know that he is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. I am the longest relationship he has ever had, and I am also the only one who has forced him to wait more than a month to have sex with him.

I really am lost as to whether I'm over thinking this whole sex thing. Will I ever know if I'm ready?

Please help

This should really be posted in the adults section but I digress...If you're not ready, you're not ready. Simple as that. Its great that he's willing to wait for you but he's wrong about never knowing if you'll be ready, you WILL know in time when you're ready. Educate yourself about sex as much as possible too!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I think the best thing for you to do is to wait until you're ready to have sex. If you're not comfortable with it, then wait until you are. You may not know when that time will come, but eventually, it will!
      I know that you might feel like you are letting your SO down, but if you trust him enough to wait for you, don't let this guilt consume you.
      In my experience, I wish I had waited to have sex until I was ready. I felt really pressured by my ex at the time, so I slept with him even though I didn't feel like I was ready. I do regret it and I wish I would have waited.
      In the end, you have to do what's best for you!
      Wishing you the best

Comment

The wait time is different for everyone. I lost my V card at 17 and honestly wish that I had waited. I felt so pressured because everyone around me was having sex so I got my first real bf and dove into it before I was really ready and before it was special.

Wait until your ready, especially bc you are so confident in your SO's ability to wait. You will know the right time, and the right person and it will be that much more special because of all of those things. =)
        "You want for myself
        You get me like no one else
        I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
        Even in the darkest part of me
        I am beautiful with you
        Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
        You're here with me
        Just show me this and I'll believe
        I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

what everybody said, you could "fool" around a little bit more to get at ease with it, never force anything if it doesnt feel oke to bad for him!

Comment

I disagree with him, though I've heard for some people, that's true, depending on your definition of "ready." For example, there's never a moment when all your nerves go away, that I know of, and you immediately go from being nervous about sex to being some sort of sexpert. But there will be a moment where you go from "I'm not ready" to "I'm nervous, but I want to do this." I didn't think I would be ready to have sex my first time, but when I curled up in his arms and he kissed me so tenderly, I was just... ready and okay with it. And I was nervous and it hurt a bit and it was a risk, but I was ready. The fact that I was willing and not stopping any time he asked "are you sure?" or "is this okay?" proved that to me. So I definitely think you have a moment, but nerves are and will probably always be normal for anyone's first time. I would say if you're not ready, you're not ready. Do what you're ready for, don't do what you don't, and take your time. I know it doesn't seem like it, but at 19, you have all the time in the world. I lost my virginity at 20 but waited until I was 100% sure to do it. You DO get that moment, so don't let him tell you otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X