Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealousy

I am in college and enjoy hanging out with my guy friends, but my boyfriend gets extremely jealous! Is it wrong of me to want to hang out with my guy friends? or is he just overreacting?

There's nothing wrong on having male friends and hanging out with them and your boyfriend should respect that. He should trust you. If he doesn't, there is something wrong and you should talk about that.

Comment

Depends on what you're doing with your male friends. If you're going on one-on-one dinners with them, I can understand why your boyfriend would be jealous, as opposed to a group setting.

That said I'm not trying to imply that you shouldn't spend one-on-one time with male friends under any circumstances. I have plenty of male friends and our friendship dynamics is that we spend time one-on-one to catch up once in a while. My SO is fine with it because he trusts me. It's not wrong of you to hang out with your guy friends, but depending on the circumstances you may need to be sensitive of your SO's feelings and reassure him, maybe check in with him while you're hanging out with your male friends by sending him a quick text saying you're still thinking of him (not a lengthy text convo, because that'd be rude to your friends, but I don't think anyone could object to you sending a single text.)
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
      X