Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke

I'm the only one working in the relationship at the moment. Till my SO gets surgery to fix her seizures we havr to do things on my budget.
    At this point I have no savings or breathing room if something happens.
    How can I get her to understand that its hard on me to travel to see her every weekend or every other weekend. Being in college and paying my own bills doesn't help the problem.I try my best to explain it but she gets mad or sad saying its makes her feel bad.But on the other hand she complains or begs me to see her even if I got nothing but pocket change on me.Am I complaining to much? She refusing to stick with a hobby to stay busy though.

What woule u do if u was me?

I'd reconsider the relationship.

I don't know how old your girlfriend is but she sounds like a teenager who thinks nothing of money and and doesn't get no for an answer.

She uses emotional manipulation to get what she wants with no consideration for your situation. That's unfair, don't you think?

I underst that when someone is ill they would like to have someone close by all the time, yet being ill doesn't alow you to demand unreasonable things.

Whenever I ended up in hospital for the last few times my SO wanted to fly with the first possible plane, I forbid him. It's one thing to want SO there and other to demand it.
    “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
    Closed the distance >21.03.2015
    sigpic

Comment

I understand the fact that she is ill and needs some emotional support, but she also has to understand that you hava a life too - with college, bills to pay and many other obligations, so you can*t be with her all the time. You can offer her moral support by calling her and reassuring her that you*re there. In a relationship everybody must make compromises and understand each other. She is being selfish just thinking of her own situation, when in a relationship you must think of two! Hope she will understand that money is tight right now and that you can stand by her not only in physical form, but in spiritual form.

Comment

First and foremost, no matter what (until your married) your finances should ALWAYS come first. It sucks that she needs surgery but she's not the first person in the world to have to stop work, wait and learn to occupy themselves. She has to find something to do ON HER OWN. It's not your responsibility to entertain her, molly coddle her or bend to her whim. At the end of the day don't use money that you don't have!

Comment

It is your money, not hers, so she can't dictate or blackmail you into using the little money you have. You need to be able to live, and if she doesn't understand and respect that, maybe she isn't the right person for you. We all struggle with money sometimes, especially in LDRs if you need to get time off work and pay for tickets and everything, but you shouldn't have to suffer so much. I get that she's ill and wants you to be there, but there's only so much you're able to do. She needs to get a grip.

Comment

Does she not have family close by to offer moral support? She really needs to be focusing on her and her health, because without it, there is no you two. You can be there for her by calling and sending (no cost) gifts from the heart.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
            X