Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends

My SO says im her only best friend, but i dont believe that. I see she has more friends and they try to contact her all the time.
    Why would she wait for people to contact her instead of the other way around? I find this to be selfish or so high school.
    She tells she will never leave me but yet i dont believe it from the way she acts sometimes.

Maybe its just stress,what do you think?

I think these are all questions you should ask your SO.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul View Post
      My SO says im her only best friend, but i dont believe that. I see she has more friends and they try to contact her all the time.
      Why would she wait for people to contact her instead of the other way around? I find this to be selfish or so high school.
      She tells she will never leave me but yet i dont believe it from the way she acts sometimes.

Maybe its just stress,what do you think?
      I do think digitalfever is right that these are questions you should ask your SO.

However I wanted to try and soothe your worries a bit before you jump to conclusions.

My SO tells me I'm his best friend and I tell him he's mine, and that's all true. We both have Aspergers Syndrome and prefer not to socialize all the time.

There's a difference to how our other "friends" contact us or how we talk to them. My SO, he normally just talks to them online, he has a few people, they usually contact him when they need help or support with something, he doesn't really see them as "friends" most of the time, but from my perspective they would be classified as friends, or a close acquaintance.

I don't have friends who I talk to a whole lot, though there are times I talk to some of them online, and one who I hang out with sometimes now but it's a lot less since we all started getting busier and things.

I don't think it's selfish to wait for people to contact you rather than contact them direct. I think it shows lack of social interest/anxiety towards being to social or not knowing what to say or when to contact them.. is your SO a generally shy person maybe? It's a different personality trait. Though maybe she is selfish, I don't know her. You would know her best, but she'd know herself even better so that's why you should ask her. And trust her answer. And try to understand.

Any relationship is about trust and communication.. Long distance is harder and can test relationships but try not to stress or worry so much!! I would be very surprised if she would leave you based on what you said. Though there are other signs to look out for but don't look for them, just be yourself and talk to her and build your relationship and enjoy your time together and what you feel for each other. I don't know how long you've been together either or how long you have had to get to know her personality, because then you'd know if she is a selfish person or a shy person or something else!

Good luck..

Comment

Working...
      X