Feeling really broken hearted over my failed LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling really broken hearted over my failed LDR

I've posted on here once before about my now exldbf and I. He was from Bermuda and I'm from ny. We met at university in Florida and I had to transfer back home this semester.

Our relationship overall was fun and he was everything I would want in a guy. He was supportive, kind and sweet. We were together for 10 months and long distance for 5. The only problem we had was his parents know allowing him to visit. We worked through this and came to a compromise. Everything changed once school started back up, he was neglectful and I was stressed out about going to a new school upstate. We fought alot for two weeks and one huge fight ended up in us breaking up.

Now I don't know what to do.. I think we both didn't want to break up, we were both pissed off and stubborn. Now from the look of it, he seems fine without me and is happy without me & I'm a hot mess. I tried to text him last night and he hit me with "hey...I'm really busy I'll talk to you some other time"..

How can I stop caring for someone who obviously doesn't care anymore. It's only been a week, I feel pathetic.

Well like you said, it's only been a week. Maybe wait another week or so and try texting him again. If he gives you the same response as he did the first time then he's not worth being a mess over. Eventually you'll find someone else that means a whole lot more to you

Comment

Hey, sorry to hear you're going through this
      I know this is a hard time, but try to be positive. Be grateful for what you do have! You're in college, there has to be lots of activities and such to do there to get your mind off of him. You will be okay, even if he doesn't smarten up and realize what he's given up. (He'll realize it one day. They almost always do.)
      Try focus on school right now and lean on the people that are there for you. I've gone through what you have though--fighting leading to breaking up. It sucks. Looking back, I know that it happened for a good reason even though it didn't make any sense and it messed me up for a while.
      You're still really young and you have the world at your fingertips. You're going to experience so many exciting things! And like haley said, one day you will meet another guy who will knock your socks off.
      You'll feel better once you hit the 2 week point. Just take each day as it comes, and slowly you'll become stronger again. Listen to happy music to pump your mood up, watch movies. Just do things that make you truly happy, and focus on your school work. It'll come easier as each day passes. Focus on yourself. That's the best thing you can possible do right now, if you ask me.

Comment

My method of dealing with breakups is like this... cut contact. Delete from all social media, delete his number, etc etc. Don't look at photos. Don't look at his profile or old text messages. Pretend that they have died - not literally of course but mourn them without feeling resentment and eventually the pain will ease. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get out of the habit of having the urge to text, and from there you just need to heal. But I promise you, the pain fades eventually; you just need to give it time and be good to yourself. Get a new haircut too, that always makes me feel great! Big hugs.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate!

I did cut off contact at first but I got scared I'd lose him forever. He knew I blocked him on Facebook and Instagram and I think that got him mad. It's just the thought that I waited for him and was willing to wait and probably still willing to do that . The thought of him with another scares me so bad. But I'll try to pick up the pieces. Thanks for the advice and well wishes, I need them .

Comment

Working...
          X