My biggest insecurity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest insecurity

I have this huge complex where I am pretty much permanently fixed on the idea that my SO is way out of my league and could find someone better anytime he wanted. One, because he's super smart, handsome and very charismatic. Two, because he's going to a college where everyone is in the same stuff, so everyone pretty much has the exact same interests as he does.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff he loves because he loves it. I could listen to him talk for hours about Milton or Descartes (He's big into philosophy and classic literature). I am into a lot of games he likes (World of Darkness, Magic the Gathering, Mass Effect, etc) not just because he likes it but because he has super good taste and he was right about them being fun.
    Ok, I'm starting to rant a bit here, but my point is, despite all the stuff we have in common, I still feel like I'm not enough for him. I have since I met him. I've always looked up and admired him and I'm just so afraid he'll slip out of my grasp before I even get the chance to have a closer distance relationship with him.

(I don't normally feel this insecure, but I've had a hard week and certain things just toppled the dominoes, ya know? I don't know if anyone has advice, but this was more of a vent than anything)
    And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

I have had the same issue. My man is very handsome and smart; and I did think for a very long time that he is waaaay out of my league and could have someone so much better than me if he wanted to.

And that's the key word: IF

He doesn't want anyone else, he wants you! The way I read it he made you play video and card games that he liked - do you even realize how important this is to a guy? My man is going crazy over me playing his favorite games! He loves showing me things he is passionate about to see if I like it and if I do his eyes just light up.

So what if there's people with the same interests all around him, making your girl enjoy something you love is a great feeling for them. PLUS: Sometimes you want a fresh perspective on things from someone who doesn't know EXACTLY what you know (e.g.: not someone who attends the same classes he does in college!)

Heads up! You're his girl and he loves you

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I'm right there with ya'll! I feel like he's way more intelligent than I am, and I'm just not on the same "level" as he is. I don't know. It's stupid. I've brought it up with him numerous times and he's tried to convince me otherwise but it's still something I'm insecure about. I also worry he'll find a girl who's much more convenient to date than I am. Stupid things to worry about.

Comment

Working...
      X