How to discuss her visiting me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to discuss her visiting me?

Hello! I was helping some of you could help me figure out this whole thing. So my SO lives where we met when I was in college. I graduated last may and moved 400 miles away back home. She still has till next May and is from the area anyways. I visited twice since school ended for about a week each time. With school having started she brought up visiting me in November during her school break.

Here is where it gets tricky. We are a lesbian couple and while I took the horn by the bulls with my dont forget it attitude with my parents she chose to just let things roll much slower. What that means is that my parents have come around a bit more to where they know and are ok with her and I as a couple, but her parents know she's gay, they have no clue of me. (we both live at home) With her parents having no clue she has a gf (at least solid confirmation) she would have to tell them for the first time before she comes and visits me.

My fear here is that she is just going to chicken out and not tell her parents and therefor not be able to come see me. I COMPLETELY understand her fear. I've been there before I know it's hard and frightening. Last time I saw her I asked if she wanted to practice telling her mom on me and she refused.

If she did come she would fly, and that takes some times to find a good flight (specially because of the holiday time), and if need be, convince her parents. There's still plenty of time, but I really want to know how to bring it up.

Usually we can talk about anything and everything. But I don't know how to bring this up. I don't want to push to much because A) I want her to choose to want to come visit me, B) I want her to tell her parents when she's ready, and C) I don't want to push her into any of the above. But I will be hurt if she doesn't come.

By then we will be only a few weeks away from our 1 year anniversary. How would you suggest I approach the topic? And around when should I ask? What should I ask? all that. I think I am just over thinking all of this but I guess that's just me. Thanks!

Just tell her there's something serious you need to talk about. Make sure she knows you support her and no matter what you'll get through it together. If her parents know she's gay and they (hopefully) accept it then surely they will accept you. Sure, they'll want to know everything about you before they let her visit but that's just how parents are. Just ask her if she's ready and if so, talk her through it. I really hope you two figure this out, the excitement of knowing they're coming for sure is just the best feeling in the world, my parents first accepted my boyfriend last night and have agreed for him to come visit.
    Goodluck!

Comment

Working...
    X