Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the adjustments...

Just got a job!
    So, surviving college will be a lot easier.
    I'm trying to find a bank that has accounts for students with no fees. can anyone offer any advice on that? (I'm living in GA)

Now with my school, homework, and this new job... both my SO and I are concerned about how often we'll be able to talk.
    He's in college as well, so we have to work with both of our schedules. and everyday im not in school, I'll be working.
    We certainly aren't ready to give up. nine months until the distance should be closed. I suppose this is more of a ramble, really.
    How do you guys work through hardly talking? and what can i do to try and talk more?

You could sit down and block your free time, have him block his free time, and see where your schedules overlap? Are you working weekends as well?

Comment

I work saturdays, but not sundays. so i know thats one day we will have. (as long as he's free) anything that happens in his life other than school and "guys nights", happens at complete random though. its those things that im worried about.

Comment

You could set aside an hour or two on Sunday evenings/mornings (depending on which works best) for date night? I know when I started working that my ex-SO and I had scheduled date nights neither of us were to break without ample warning.

Comment

hmm. I like that idea. we had actually planned something tonight. but his moms bf's family is over, and he's not allowed to not be social when they come...
          So, I'm here eating hamburger helper and watching a documentary on the biblical Apocalypse and how it's scientifically possible. yay.

Comment

My boyfriend and I have been struggling with finding time to talk for a while since we're both in school and he's always insanely busy. I just called him yesterday and told him straight up we needed to find a time to Skype at least once every weekend since it's near impossible to getting around to doing it during the week. I let him pick whichever day worked best for him and he agreed to it. I couldn't deal with going weeks without Skyping and just 10 minute phone calls...so I finally just told him we needed to figure something out or I couldn't do it anymore lol. Sorry for rambling, we're just going through a rough patch with this issue right now. But yeah, I think it's best if ya'll find time that works with both of your schedules and if something comes up and ya'll can't talk, make up for it another night ya'll are both free. It isn't going to be easy though, with both of ya'll in school in working. But it can happen! Good luck

Comment

Thanks! I'm sure we can work something out. it'll be a big change though. I think getting used to it will be the hardest part.

Comment

My S/O and I are going through this issue right now as well. I travel for work, and right now I am not able to talk as often or for how long as we used to. It really sucks! Thank goodness he is so understanding! What seems to work for us is texting throughout the day when possible and good morning and goodnight phone calls daily, even if it is a 5 minute or less call. We also skype weekly and when we do, we usually are on there for a while. So far it is working. It will have to until we close the distance.

Comment

Working...
                X