New LDR Relationship Advise Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LDR Relationship Advise Needed!

We have been together for 2 months (thought we have know each other for 3), His Ex is also his best friend from college, and is still a close friend to this day. They had an on and off thing for a bit, but it didn't work out.

He didn't wan't to say anything at first, in fear that his Ex would react badly (his Ex has quite a temper) and get mad at him, in addition my Boyfriend suspected that she might still have a some feelings for him so he didn't wan't to hurt her by saying tell him too.

So weeks pass, and she tells him that she had gotten with another guy (for the first time since they ended it). She then asked him if he was seeing anyone, and he said NO! He was talking to me about it afterwards, and felt bad about it as she had come to him and was honest and he chickened out. I didn't really say anything at the time. But its been a few weeks, and he still hasn't told him.

What should I do? I wan't him to tell her about me, because its been a while now that we have been dating... But i don't know how to say it without sounding pushy... And advise?

In addition, even since he got to school (two weeks ago) he's been so busy that its hard talk much with him during the day and at night he his tiered and can't Skype long. Just got so used to be able to talk/see him online a lot and then like BAM its way hard.

Tell him what it would mean to you if he told his ex and maybe contacted you a little more.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Can you talk more in the day? Does he work too? What about weekends?

As far as the problem with the ex, I would just tell him you would really like him to tell her. I kind of get where he was coming from at first.. But I think it should be much easier to tell her now that she's in a relationship.

Welcome to LFAD btw

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

The best advice you will get for most every situation is to communicate, communicate, and communicate. You can express most anything, as long as you do so calmly and without lots of emotions. Simply explain how it makes you feel for him not to tell the ex and how much you miss talking with him. He can't do anything about it, if he doesn't realize how bad it bothers you. He might not see what it all means to you.

Comment

I don't really understand why he's so worried about telling her that he's seeing someone else. I feel like you should be one of his top priorities, along with school, but not her. I'm somewhat bitter when it comes to guys having best friends that are girls and then being so careful with her feelings. Why should you be a secret? I would be highly offended.
          Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
          Old account name: Rach92g
          This Is Us
          Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
          Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
          Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
          Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
          Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
          Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

I think the other people gave good advice.. especially since she is in a relationship now too, he should be able to tell her he is dating someone. I get that the relationship is young and he wants to keep the friendship but tell him what it would mean to you if he would tell her... I think he should start placing more priority on how you feel rather than what his friends/ex feels. Maybe don't rush him, let him do it at his pace, but let him know how much it would mean to you and how you feel that he hasn't told her.. though it might be that he was caught off guard.. but he should tell her.

Comment

Working...
            X