No announcement yet.

Confusion About Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am in your situation right now except reversed. My SO says that he doesn't see himself with any other girl and that he could see a future together and when he asks me about if I feel the same its like I just have a really hard time responding in the way that he wants to hear and It makes both of us sad. The truth is, I love him sooo much and I COULD see a future with him but I too am uncertain about everything really so I cant say any certainties because I don't know the future. All I know is that I love him now, and he makes me happy. Its like a fear of commitment type deal and I think you should just be patient with him.

Right now me and my SO are closing the distance for good because he is transferring to my college in the fall and he is upset because I am wanting to pull back and be on a more friend level for a while when he first gets here because we met online and have only met in person once so I feel like we need to start over a little since we are going to be around each other all the time. He doesn't understand it and I know he feels hurt because he thinks that I don't like him as much anymore even though I told him that isn't the case, BUT he is being very patient with me and it makes me love him even more. so I think patients and understanding is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
      As my SO tells me when I get impatient to know future plans... Stay in the Now with me, enjoy what we have now, and don't worry about the future. Whatever happens, happens.

Nobody can really know the future. And you can drive yourself crazy if you expect more than he can say, or give. You just have to trust him and the love he gives you now. As long as he is honest with you, and treats you well, and you trust each other, then don't worry. Just enjoy what you have now.

It's a lesson I've had to learn the hard way. Pushing and pressuring him doesn't work. Staying in the NOW with him does.
      I love this. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X