just found out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just found out

My boyfriend received an offer from a college in oklahoma to go play baseball for them. He's very good and originally he was thinking about staying here in florida, scouts from many pro teams have told him that in a couple of years he could be looking at an offer, probably the draft next year. anyway he's made up his mind and he thinks that oklahoma is the best choice for him and his future. we began dating last november and our relationship is great. we're like best friends, we can talk to eachother about anything. we have good communication and he treats me so amazing, he says that we will make it through this and we will stay together. im so scared and sad, i want us to make it. my biggest fear is slowly growing apart from eachother. he leaves august 11 and im really sad to let him go. i couldnt imagine being so far away from him and i know that i will miss him so much. he cant even talk about leaving without being sad. we love eachother a lot its crazy. idk what to do

Try to stay positive. The distance could make your relationship stronger!

He probably really needs your support right now, so try not to make him feel bad about going. Yeah, it sucks and you should always express your feelings, but it sounds like he got a great opportunity and you should be happy for him. Try to look at it from a different point of view, like how great this could be for his future.

Distance is difficult, but its worth it. And there are a lot of things you can do to keep the relationship alive; like video chatting, visiting each other, ect.

Comment

You're so right. Thank you, i really didn't think of it that way. ill be positive and always stick by his side after all that's what a girlfriend is for. Thanks again!

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

I feel your pain! My boyfriend left this morning to play college football. Im so scared to be apart but i know that he is doing something that he loves, and for me that makes it all worth it. Not only is he getting an education, but he gets to play college football which has always been a dream of his.

Ive cried so much that i think im all out of tears, but thats okay. Its okay to be sad that they are leaving. As hard as it is, just try to stay strong for his sake. He is probably just as sad to leave you as you are about him leaving.

Just try to stay strong and encourage him to be the best he can be! he will thank you one day for being so supportive.

Comment

Working...
          X