Figuring Out What to Do After Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figuring Out What to Do After Graduation

Hey, I'm looking for a chance to vent my stress and perhaps get advice. My boyfriend and I have been dating LD for almost our whole 1 year+ relationship, having started dating at the end of a summer internship. Now that both of us will be graduating from our separate schools this upcoming spring, we really want to get jobs in the same geographic area.

I really enjoyed the last internship I had (not the company where I met my bf), and I received a full-time offer with an early decision deadline. I mentioned my situation and that I would like help obtaining work for my boyfriend. The company agreed to help provided that I first accepted my offer, no guarantees of an offer for him. I accepted my offer. I have no idea when/if he will get an offer from the company as well, and it's stressing me out. He has applied to other companies in that town, but there are not many options, and getting interviews solely from an online application seems unlikely.

My moral dilemma is, should I sit on this job that I have committed to and have faith that he will find work in that town, or should I try to pursue job offers with other companies in hopes that we can both end up in the same area? It would suck to back out on a job I accepted, since I would likely never be able to work there in the future. The company that I agreed to work for is my top choice, but if I have to choose between the job and my bf, I would pick my bf.

Go for the job! As you said you've already accepted it, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. And if your SO gets a job somewhere else, what are the guarantees that you will get one in the same area? Even if you can't close the distance right away (and I realise how much that would suck), wouldn't it be best for the two of you to gain some financial stability before starting your life together instead of jumping ahead and have problems managing between pay days?
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
    X