Once again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years now. We met in 2010 at work. Then he left for college and things didn't go so well for us. Yet in 2012 we found our way back to each other. By this time he was a junior in college and I was a freshman. He was going to one of the colleges I had thought about going to and I was down in Florida on an adventure to find myself at an overpriced school. We were apart for the first 6 months of our relationship and that summer even when we were both home we were both busy working and didn't get much time together. Money was tight and work was the priority for me I ended up transferring to the school he went to, because of money it was half as much as the one down in Florida. First semester we were together and it was great the second he was student teaching back at him and I was 60 miles away stuck at school. Summer he was busy looking for a job because he has graduated. Now first semester of my junior year my love is at his new job in VA. I thought I would be fine but I'm not. I'm sad it is harder this time then it was when we first got back together. I miss him more and I don't like not being able to see him when I want. I have great friends who keep me busy and tons of school work but I can't sleep at night just thinking about him and how I'm going to deal with this sadness for minimum of 2 years. The worst part is not knowing what is going to happen once I'm done with school. Will I be able to find a job where he is or will we have to be patient for more then 2 years. I want to be with him and no one else but how do I deal?

Take things on day at a time. Focus on the positives- you're still together! Write letters, plan trips, Skype, text. Find ways to keep in touch. Keep hanging out with your friends, it will help keep your spirits up! Don't worry about things that are 2 years away in terms of work, you'll drive yourself insane. Just work out how to keep your relationship with your SO going. Think of the positives. Everyone has worries about finding work whether it's coming out of college or just trying to find work in these uncertain times. Just take it as it comes focus on the here and now your relationship and your studies. Best of luck.

Comment

Yeah I guess I just gotta keep it together and keep busy, it's just starting to make me depressed and the sadness is more overpowering this time then it was before.

Comment

Everytime I am feeling really down I just try to remember that the time of studying/before actually really starting my career is the best time in life to be long distance. I just focus on the good bits: I will learn to be completely independent which will make living together at some point so much better because we can support each other with more experience. It will never be "you have to do this now because you can and I can't", it will always be "we both know how to live alone and we will pull through this emergency together now." I won't be distracted from becoming as good as I can be at what I study and at what I want to do with my life, which means I will be able to get the job I want in whatever place I will move to. The time we actually do spend each other is alot more intense and special. We will never take each other for granted. You know?
        I think part of why its so hard sometimes is that we are raised with this picture of being close as the perfect relationship so its hard to see the positive sites.

Try to find some bits and pieces that you can hold on to that might even be positive. All the best to you!

Comment

Working...
        X