Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't know my real name yet

I know this could sound the weird.
    We met at a game platform more than a year ago and we grew close really fast. We became a part of each other's lives, messaging each other almost all day, and soon, we became each other's mobile wallpapers.

But up till now, he only knew my pseudo name. I haven't told him my real name as it would reveal my religion and I am afraid he would not accept me as our religions are very different.

(I just realised how childish I sound but what's done is already done and I need to fix it)

And we made ourselves officially a couple a few days ago and I felt really bad whenever he calls me by my pseudo name. I want him to know my real name. Cause I have tested him and i notice that he is serious about us.

But I am really afraid. Please advice on how I can inform him? And what kind of responses from him should I be prepared for... or other tips you guys can share with me?

Thank you so much!

You should be honest with him. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be. You aren't going to have a relationship if the guy doesn't know your name. If he likes you and want's to be with you, then hopefully he'll understand. I would just get it over with.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

And I dont think you should expect anything drastic. A lot of people hide their real name online till they trust you. So he should be very understanding

Comment

Your name is an important part of who you are, so don't hide the real you from him any longer. Just tell him and deal with whatever issues might arise. He might just be ok with your religion. If he's not then that's his loss.
        Met Online : July 2013
        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
        Proposal : December 2014
        Closed distance : February 2015
        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Be honest with him, tell him your real name and make sure you tell him why you haven't told him from the start, because im sure he will ask. You two seem to be in a very committed relationship. Im sure he will understand and you two will get threw it together.

Good Luck!

Comment

You're not alone! My girlfriend doesn't know my legal name, only the one I go by, and everyone knows me by, barely anyone knows what my legal name is because I barely use it, and with her I forgot to mention it(Sounds bad), but I use my alias so much I forget to mention my legal name for most anything, also afraid what she'll think when I tell her.

Comment

Before my man and I started dating I told him the name I was given by one of our clan leaders because my ex didn't allow me to use my real name. Just come clean!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

If he is really in love with you, he wouldn't mind about your name or your religion. Just tell him.

Comment

Hey everyone, thank you so much for the advices and the motivations you guys gave me for me to confess to him. I finally did and he was very receptive about it! We even spent some time learning how to pronounce my name and he's already addressing me by my real name (or the nickname he created out of it cause he's just so bad with complicated names).

He even asked me to share my religion with him, saying that he wants to learn more about me and that made me happier.

So once again, thanks everyone. And to Flyppd, I hope that when you finally tell her, she would be receptive about it. And what the rest mentioned here is right. If they really love you, they wouldn't be too drastic about it. But I think it'll be better to tell her as soon as you can.

All the best in whatever you do, everyone <3

Comment

Working...
                  X