Best Suggestions for Beginning a LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Suggestions for Beginning a LDR?

Such as, I've known this girl for quite some time and we've been talking over Skype a good bit. I believe she may be the one, so what are some of the coolest/best suggestions for asking her out from long distance? I want to do something really memorable.

Have you talked to her about being in a LDR? Do you know if she is comfortable with the idea? I think you should first do this, since many people may not be comfortable with the idea it would be best to get a sense of how she feels about being in a relationship at this time and especially a LDR. After that if you discover she is open to a relationship and willing to commit to long distance, you could ask her with something she likes. Maybe find a good song if you know she really likes music, write her a nice letter/email/text, make a video for her... just get creative and try to do it with something she really likes Good luck!

Comment

Yeah yeah, I have covered all of the preliminary bases of that sort. She does have a keen interest in music for sure.

Comment

What's her favourite sort of music?

I've sung a few times for my SO. As daft as it sounds, she might like something like that.

Comment

Korean pop. So, not much luck there in singing at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Svelte8 View Post
            Korean pop. So, not much luck there in singing at least.
            That's different! Hmm...

Could you send her a surprise package? Just a small something. With a note in it. Letting her know your feelings.

Comment

I could definitely. I was thinking along those lines for sure.

Comment

You could find a Korean pop love song or something similar and send her that or do something creative with the lyrics if it's a love song? I'm sure you can find translated lyrics for it.

Comment

Different things work for different people. It all depends on her personality and the chemestry that has developed between you.

We met and started dating CD but that soon turned LD. One of the things that convinced me that he was into us/LD/that I wanted to do a relationship/LD with him, was that he was shamlessly paying me compliments and using big words about us (he still does: the Turkish phraze in my profile means "Love story of the century", which is one of his nicknames for our relationship). If you can manage to be romantic without beeing cheesy, you can use that to reach her.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Have any of you seen any sort of videos that someone has used to ask someone out so that I may get some ideas flowing? Maybe even proposal videos could work. If you all understand what I'm trying to say.

Comment

I can't seem to find the video for it but I've seen it a dozen times before, a guy proposed using the song Hard To Concentrate by RHCP, he held the lyrics up on big pieces of paper and then finally asked her to marry him at the end of it.... you could do something like that, but instead of marriage, a dating proposal

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCrnPIWu2As

It's not quite asking her to be your girlfriend, but it's a similar sort of idea you could use.

Comment

Working...
                        X