Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Life Advice

Hey everyone!

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost four years and everything is great between us! We see each other about every other weekend and communicate daily with texts/calls. Im still in college and he just recently graduated by the way. Anyways, before we went long distance we would spend almost every day together and practically lived together. Also, I would always hang out with his friends and vice versa; we had the same group of friends. Well now that were long distance, he has made so many new friends and hangs out with them all the time on the weekends I can't come down. His job only permits him the weekend to do whatever he wants, so he is trying to balance me, friends, and family into two days. I would go down every weekend if I could. I guess I really haven't tried to make any friends because Ive been so worried on when the next time I can see him and always try to keep my schedule open. Well now I realize that he needs to have friend time on some weekends and so do I. I only have two very close friends here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to gain some more friends? Or ideas on things to occupy my time on the weekends we can't be together? I feel like I shouldn't be waiting around to Skype every weekend when he is always out having fun. I need to live my life like he is when were not together. Not just sit around and mope about not being able to see him that weekend.

Thanks!

Pick up a hobby when you can. You definitely need to keep yourself occupied.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

You're still in college. Can you get involved in on campus activities? Also check this website. You might be able to find something local going on that interest you. https://www.meetup.com/
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I definitely had the same problem when I started college this past fall. My boyfriend was trying to find a new job so I knew we were both going to be significantly more busy than we had been used to. I hardly left my room once I was done classes for the days since I would wait around watching Netflix and reading until he was off work so we could talk. I got to the point where I wanted to meet new people and make friends so I had other people to hang out with, so I just started talking to people in classes when I had the chance. I'd look for a reason to talk to them about homework or class assignments then suggested we get together and study over lunch or just hang out. I made as much effort as I could to meet people since I knew it wasn't going to happen if I didn't put in some effort. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X