how to mix up our skype calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to mix up our skype calls?

My boyfriend and I skype maybe three times a week but many times it's the same thing. I try to ask him how he's doing or what's on his mind but sooner or later his answers are the same. So we started watching movies through skype and tv shows. What else do you guys do through skype? I suggested we coukd have a journal writing session and then share what we wrote since we both like to journal. Also we started reading men are from mars, women are from venus. He has the book so he just reads it out loud to me. What do you guys do when you skype? I read that list of 100 things to do but I wasn't really interested in any of them. Are there any on the list you recommend? And what about things not on the list? Thanks guys!

One time we counted the days until our next visit and made a list of things to do for every single day. I wrote them on a piece of paper and I pulled one for each day! It included:
    Singing to each other,
    playing charades,
    wear what the other person chooses for you for one hour,
    act out a story that the other person is telling,
    writing a scary ghost story and then reading it to each other,
    writing a list of cute nicknames for each other and then read them to each other - choose which one you liked best,
    work out with each other,
    do a dance together (macarena, cha cha slide) and other things

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

When I was long distance, something we'd do was lunch/dinner dates. One time we did it by having take-out from the same fast-food place, and other times we'd cook the same recipe and eat it together. That only works if you both like cooking though I guess. Eating at the same time as my SO made me feel almost like we were on a date.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

One thing to do, is through the day, whenever you think or come across something that you would like to discuss with your partner, to write it down, and bring it up on the call.

It avoids the same typical 'routine' questions and can take things off on tangents in their own right.... whether that is funny clips from the net, articles you read and have thoughts about.... politics/poverty etc..... what was on tv the other day..... funny thing you saw while out and about etc....

in an LDR it is very easy to fall into a rut of the 'same old' and it takes time to work on making it work for you both when you don't get to have those sorts of conversations as they happen...

Comment

We're both quite geeky so we like doing some of the many free online courses together.

Comment

My Fiance and I have watched tv shows and films together, we talk about everything and anything in daily life and random topics, we make jokes often and we have eaten together at same time on skype. We are not the kind of people who would dance on skype but we have listened to music and shared songs with one another and sang along. Sometimes we do pretend accents, like he tries British and I always laugh.
            Neither of us are gamers so that doesn't work for us. But when it was American Football season I was in a fantasy football league with my Fiance and his parents, sisters and his sisters partners, that was alot of fun and I learnt about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by p_b82 View Post
              One thing to do, is through the day, whenever you think or come across something that you would like to discuss with your partner, to write it down, and bring it up on the call.

It avoids the same typical 'routine' questions and can take things off on tangents in their own right.... whether that is funny clips from the net, articles you read and have thoughts about.... politics/poverty etc..... what was on tv the other day..... funny thing you saw while out and about etc....

in an LDR it is very easy to fall into a rut of the 'same old' and it takes time to work on making it work for you both when you don't get to have those sorts of conversations as they happen...
              yeah we do that my fiance and I talk about funny clips we have watched, or news on the tv, or funny stories want to tell each other.

Comment

When we skype - we don't really do anything special. I hate feeling forced to hold a conversation. When we are together, it's not like we are constantly conversing. We just enjoy each other's company, go about our day, our own business, etc. So when we skype, we do the same...Basically we're just hanging out with the cameras on. I'll watch what I want, he'll play a game on his comp, etc. I find skype extremely awkward with other people because you're trying to force conversation and usually there's not much to say lol I talk to my SO all day, everyday via text or phone so it's not like I don't know what's going on with him. The usually "how was your day" etc gets very boring after a while. So I'd say, just hang out - do whatever you'd be doing if you weren't on skype.
                "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                We became a couple in April 2014
                Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                Our "spring break" in March 2015
                Summer fun - June 2015
                DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

My SO and I tend to sit in complete silence sometimes whilst we are on Skype and as a result, we just end up enjoying one another's company. We don't always feel the need to say something. We play video games whilst we Skype too, and sometimes I'll be reading whilst he's doing something else. I often hear him muttering comments under his breath when he peruses YouTube videos, which I find amusing.

Comment

Working...
                  X