The distance creates disconnection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The distance creates disconnection?

When I see my boyfriend in person, everything is great. When we have to separate again I cry a lot, but then when I get home, after a couple weeks I start to feel this strange disconnection as if I don't have feelings for him anymore. It's really weird. Even just saying I love you feels a bit strange. Then when we see each other in person again everything is okay. My love language is quality time so it could just be that I feel like this because there's no way for me to really feel love. Also, could this be a weird coping mechanism for my brain to not miss him so much? I'm so confused.

Originally posted by kaybeee View Post
    When I see my boyfriend in person, everything is great. When we have to separate again I cry a lot, but then when I get home, after a couple weeks I start to feel this strange disconnection as if I don't have feelings for him anymore. It's really weird. Even just saying I love you feels a bit strange. Then when we see each other in person again everything is okay. My love language is quality time so it could just be that I feel like this because there's no way for me to really feel love. Also, could this be a weird coping mechanism for my brain to not miss him so much? I'm so confused.
    Could be. Lol. Welcome to an LDR! We all get this way at some point. I get this way sometimes. Mine is a bit opposite though, when I don't see mine after a while and then I finally do, I feel awkward around him for the first day. Lol.

Comment

Could be, everyone has different coping mechanisms.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I can relate to that feeling. It's hard when you can't cuddle and kiss and just BE together in silence. In an LDR you're kind of forced to speak when you want to spend time together. If you're a physical person, that can be dificult.

I've had times when I thought I wasn't sure about my feelings.
        But when you go through these periods, just remember why you fell for him, why you love him and try to recapture the feeling you have when you're together.
        Ofcourse your feelings can change when you're apart. As long as you keep in mind that you have a great time when you're together and that's worth fighting for, you'll be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaac View Post
          I can relate to that feeling. It's hard when you can't cuddle and kiss and just BE together in silence. In an LDR you're kind of forced to speak when you want to spend time together. If you're a physical person, that can be dificult.

I've had times when I thought I wasn't sure about my feelings.
          But when you go through these periods, just remember why you fell for him, why you love him and try to recapture the feeling you have when you're together.
          Ofcourse your feelings can change when you're apart. As long as you keep in mind that you have a great time when you're together and that's worth fighting for, you'll be fine!
          Thanks for this. I really needed to hear it. I've had so many times where I just think "Maybe I Just don't have feelings for him anymore and maybe we just shouldn't be together", but I know that when we spend time together in person it's SO different.

Comment

Hello,

One factor that creates this kind of feeling is that you want to have physical attachment. I mean you want him to be physically present anytime. You're in the stage where communication tools are not enough to suffice your need to be attached with him. I suggest to have a self assessment in yourself. I don't want to sound judgmental but sometimes di natin pansin na we also have a problem. I know na it's very hard to be on LDR, but the key to this to have a successful relationship is TRUST, UNDERSTANDING and PATIENCE. Again, Love knows no boundaries, so I strongly believe that Love can move mountains no matter what. I know you are an expressive person, and I suggest to have flowers express it for you. be patient muna as for now, di naman lagi ganito, just wait for the perfect time to come - The best is yet to come. Just hold on.

Comment

Keybeee really sad story and same situation here. . . . . feeling much upset

Comment

I feel like this at times. I go numb and sort of "forget" him. I think this in in part because I have always lot going on here. Also, he works A LOT and in periods even more, so we can't always Skype as I want. Also, he is usually very distant right before I come and right after I leave. But I know I am just trying to protect myself. That I do love him and it is just I can't always take all the pain of seperation, so I numb it.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  But I know I am just trying to protect myself. That I do love him and it is just I can't always take all the pain of seperation, so I numb it.
                  I think this is EXACTLY what it is for me. When I'm lying in bed thinking about him or when we haven't talked in a while and he can't make the time for me, it hurts a lot so maybe it's just me numbing the pain.

Comment

Working...
                  X