I am resentful...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am resentful...

I have been with my boyfriend for almost three years now. When we first met he was graduating with his bachelors in biology and starting an internship locally with the DNR in MN and he would leave during the week and be back on the weekends! We had such a wonderful time getting to know each other and creating space in our hearts for one another. He then got a job seasonally it Oklahoma for the summer. This is where the LDR begins... He was gone for 6 months where I visited him twice. Came back for the winter and next spring landed a really good job in NY again for the spring and summer. I was in school at the time finishing my degree. It was a lot harder only visiting once the whole time. He came back for 3 months and then got accepted into grad school where they pay for tuition and a monthly stipen being a reaserch assistant and left January 3rd. He will be gone for two years in a small rural town in Arkansas. I went to visit and realized there are no job opportunities out there for me... I don't know what to do. When he was in NY he said if he went to grad school that I would move with him and now he's telling me that would be a bad idea for me financially due to the lack of job market in the area... Can I trust that now he says once he's done with grad school we will be together if he decides to get his PHDS like he promised or will it be another 4 more years waiting... How can I know for sure.. I feel abandoned and depressed. Is he just stringing me along?

I don't think he is stringing you along, I think he is being realistic. It doesn't make sense for you to move to be near him if there are no job opportunities. You can't be upset at him for wanting to further his education. Everyone here will tell you to never choose someone over getting an education. Is it possible to move closer to him where there is something you can do and be able to visit him more often?

Comment

Take heart, love! He is concerned for your well being. Financially, he sees that it isn't feasible for you to move to Arkansas. I am from a small town with very little business opportunity. I really believe that he is just concerned for you and being completely unselfish in the decision he is making. He probably wants to be with you, he probably had every intention of being with you by now. However, things come up and adjustments have to be made. Stay strong and supportive!

Comment

Working...
      X